What awning footprint size should I get?

Questions & answers about awnings, mattresses, and other things to make life on the road more comfortable. This section is for Bongo-specific kit only. No talk about backpacking tents here!

Moderator: Muzorewa

05gt
Bongonaut

What awning footprint size should I get?

Post by 05gt » Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:29 pm

Hi, I am looking to purchase an awning (probably an olpro breeze model) but not sure what size to get and what size will be accepted by campsites. It will be used for 1 or possibly 2 children to sleep in, storage and eating. We mostly camp for 1 to 2 nights at one place before moving on.
Bob
Supreme Being

Re: What awning footprint size should I get?

Post by Bob » Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:50 pm

Sadly impossible to answer this as campsite rules vary.

Easy to check the main Club max sizes on web sites and then its the balance between living space against stowing it in Bongy and putting it up/down and drying/storing it at home. 8)
Joe_anne123
Bongolier

Post by Joe_anne123 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:17 pm

Most camp site pitches would expect to fit a car and tent or car and caravan (and awning) so a Bongo and typical driveaway awning should easily fit in that space.
05gt
Bongonaut

Post by 05gt » Sat Apr 09, 2016 12:43 pm

Thanks for the tips. I have now bought a 2nd hand easy camp Sebring 200 off gumtree to get me started and will see how it goes. I can always sell it again without losing anything if decide I would prefer a different size awning.

Return to “Bongo Camping Equipment”