Olpto loopo breeze awning

Questions & answers about awnings, mattresses, and other things to make life on the road more comfortable. This section is for Bongo-specific kit only. No talk about backpacking tents here!

Moderator: Muzorewa

Bongo Voyage
Junior Bongonaut

Olpto loopo breeze awning

Post by Bongo Voyage » Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:33 am

I purchased the above awning last week for £300 and it had a very good test in gale force winds, torrential rain, hail storm and a little bit of sunshine. We were at Wold's way and there were a lot of people who did not leave with there tents/awnings intact. I can't recommend it enough (plus it only takes about 10 min to set up and not much longer to put it away)
Joe_anne123
Bongolier

Re: Olpto loopo breeze awning

Post by Joe_anne123 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:21 pm

That's good to know. I've got this awning but not had a chance to try it out yet. Did you buy the Orange or the blue one? :)
Northern Bongolow
Supreme Being

Post by Northern Bongolow » Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:39 pm

mycallsevern
Bongonaut

Post by mycallsevern » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:05 pm

Hi,

I have just purchased one of these from the Bongo Fury shop. While I am excited about the prospect of a 10 minute pitch, I am constantly looking for ways to reduce my input to any manual tasks. I have a 12v electric pump which we use to blow up air mattresses for the tent, it has the three "standard" fittings for different size inlets, will this fit the Olpro awning inlets?

Thanks, Michael
Bongo Charlie
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by Bongo Charlie » Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:43 pm

I am after an awning as well narrowed down to Quest Hydra 200 and Olpro loopo Breeze, glad to see the good comment ref the Olpro, i am leaning that way.
Joe_anne123
Bongolier

Post by Joe_anne123 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:16 am

I tried my OLPRO Loopo Breeze awning out last weekend at Clumber Park. Quite straightforward to put up on my own (except I couldn't work out how to attach the figure of 8 strips to my Bongo so used the throw over straps). It's very roomy and stable. The inflation is dead easy with the supplied pump. My only misgivings are its heavy, takes up a lot of space in the Bongo and the door and fly screen zips have to be zipped separately (I've had tents where the doors can be unzipped as one). Other than that, it's great! And I love that it's orange and blue :)
mycallsevern
Bongonaut

Post by mycallsevern » Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:16 pm

A quick update on this, we have used our Olpro a couple of times now so here are the good and the bad bits:

Good:
- Super easy to put up (takes less than 10 minutes once you've done it a few time and know what you are doing)
- Very waterproof (tested in Wales!)
- Roomy and light inside thanks to windows
- Easy to pack away
- Solid

Bad:
- Front zip gets caught on the fabric all the time.
- Takes up a lot of room in the van when packed
- It is HEAVY making putting it in the attic quite a ricky manoeuvre

All in all though despite the short comings we are very happy with our Olpro Breeze Loopo, there is something very nice about getting to a site and being set up with in 20 minutes.
Gefail
Bongolier

Post by Gefail » Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:30 pm

Sounds good, best I've done from booking in to sitting down is 55 mins with poles, mind you we have everything including kitchen sink #-o
02-07-1999 TinTop 2WD Oil Guzzler with Hyper Seat :shock:
mycallsevern
Bongonaut

Post by mycallsevern » Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:17 pm

We bought the Freda because we were fed up with spending hours pitching and striking camp when tenting. As a result we have been reducing the kit we take with us each time to just have the essentials. I am even considering a tarp which attaches to the figure of eight for when we are in Europe and the weather is more reliable.

Return to “Bongo Camping Equipment”