Double skillet

Questions & answers about awnings, mattresses, and other things to make life on the road more comfortable. This section is for Bongo-specific kit only. No talk about backpacking tents here!

Moderator: Muzorewa

tiger lill
Bongonaut

Double skillet

Post by tiger lill » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:51 pm

Hi All
My Mum introduced this to me ( she has used hers in her caravan for years ) It is ideal for the bongo because it is so versatile (always a plus when space is short ) you can cook almost anything in it, and it only requires a low heat so saves on the gas. It is also useful when you return home !!!!!
I would add a link if I knew how to but it is produced by D and F promotions at doubleskillet.com
Jane
Bongoplod
Supreme Being

Re: Double skillet

Post by Bongoplod » Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:04 am

Confucious once said " To be fluent in Bongolese is to hold the key to the world!"
tiger lill
Bongonaut

Post by tiger lill » Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:19 am

Thanks ....brain not in gear
Mrs Muppet
Bongonaut

Post by Mrs Muppet » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:59 am

I was intereted in one of these but having read reviews, it sounded as though they had ceased trading. If anyone knows differant I would love to know.
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:30 am

Hi
I don't know about double skillets, but I've been looking for one of those saucepans that clip together in a "trio"....I like to cook my veg, and enough of several things for one person....Him indoors prefers gnawing meat off a bone.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ....have men progressed since the stone age ????? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Him Indoors has yet to discover the delights of veggies.....
Cheers
Helen
In the beginning there was nothing , then God said "Let there be Light".....There was still nothing , but ,by crikey, you could see it better.
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:31 am

Hi Jane

I only know this because someone on here told me, to post a link right click on the url address at the top of the screen and click 'Copy'.

Start your post then right click and click, 'Paste'.

Hope that helps. :wink:
tiger lill
Bongonaut

Post by tiger lill » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:45 am

Morning
I have put an order in for a small skillet I was interested to hear they might not be trading anymore as I had put an order in earlier in the year and they returned my money because ''they had no stock in '' so I will let you know Mrs Muppet.
Thanks Bob
Jane
tiger lill
Bongonaut

Post by tiger lill » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:55 am

Helen I remember those pans from camping as a kid, they sometimes come up on eBay and are listed as Vintage triple Tilley pans ..... Now feel very old :lol: !!!!!
Jane
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:32 pm

Hi Jane
I AM old!
Cheers
Helen
In the beginning there was nothing , then God said "Let there be Light".....There was still nothing , but ,by crikey, you could see it better.
Wendy'n'Alan
Bongolier

Post by Wendy'n'Alan » Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:52 pm

helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:30 pm

Hi Wendy'n' Alan
Thanks...I've seen those, but couldn't remember where!.....but it looks like they might have stopped making them!....I hope not...people are already writing in by the look of it!
I remember my Nana having those, and , of course, they were inside pressure cookers.....My Mum loathed pressure cookers...Twice she had a casserole / stew empty itself through the safety valve and decorate the ceiling in the kitchen :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: ....I won't have one in the house!!!!....funnily enough, our neighbour's pressure cooker blew up last year!
Cheers
Helen
wonkanoby
Supreme Being

Post by wonkanoby » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:27 am

helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:16 am

Hi
Thanks...Yes, I've seen those...The ones I was looking for were a type that clipped together as separate pans....I cook my veg separately, and it seems rather crazy to cook small amounts in several pans, and wastes space on the stove...still, I may make do with those perforated pan liners!.....I had thought of a steamer, but it's just one more piece of kitchen junk.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cheers
Helen
mikeWalsall
Supreme Being

Post by mikeWalsall » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:08 pm

I am a fella so I may be talking rubbish to what .. you .. are after ...

I use a three tier steamer on the gas hob while camping / caravanning and at home ..

Bottom one is for water .. (although I put 'hard' root veg in like carrots) .. the second potatoes .. or even a steamed steak and kidney pud.. third tier .. what ever other veg needs less heat .. like .. sprouts colli .. broccoli .. etc: ..

When all is done .. the water in the bottom I utilise to make a 'bisto' gravy ..
JAL Mushroom roof,12/240v, fridge, cooker, sink, LPG V6 .. (written off @ £5500 Nov 2016)
Wendy'n'Alan
Bongolier

Post by Wendy'n'Alan » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:27 pm

I'm with Mike on 3 tier steamer but I do potatoes in the water then steam the other veg 'W'

Return to “Bongo Camping Equipment”