fiama awnings

Questions & answers about awnings, mattresses, and other things to make life on the road more comfortable. This section is for Bongo-specific kit only. No talk about backpacking tents here!

Moderator: Muzorewa

khisanth
Bongolier

fiama awnings

Post by khisanth » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:50 pm

Hi i am new here this question may have already been asked and i apologize if it has

i have a Fiamma f45ti awning 140cm in length i am wondering if anyone knows if i can get the sides and front to make it fully enclosed. i have a venice 200 which came with my bongo but its too big to put up on my own so the small awning is basically to give me a bit more space.

thankyou in advance
Simon Jones
Supreme Being

Re: fiama awnings

Post by Simon Jones » Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:53 pm

Hi and welcome. Are you sure it's 1.4m long? 2.4m would be more normal. You need to search for Fiamma Privacy Room and you will find what you are looking for. For example: http://www.fiammastore.com/Fiamma-Priva ... 5Ti-Awning

They usually cost £500+ and are quite bulky to transport. They are great if you are staying put for a few days, but would be a bit of pain to unpack and setup for one night. I did have one, but as we tend to go out for the day while staying at a campsite, we decided a drive away awning was more appropriate for our needs.
khisanth
Bongolier

Post by khisanth » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:17 pm

measured it its definatly 1.4m but a few places sell the 1.5 am guessing its a type an should be 1.4m i normally park for 2 days and if its easier to put up than my venice i am in favour lol

Most of the ones i have seen are 2.4m long £500 seems a bit steep seems like it would be cheaper to get one of the pop up drive away awnings that quest make.
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Post by g8dhe » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:13 am

We have a 2.4m and decided that the privacy room was way to expensive, its also weighs a ton when dry, let alone wet!
We ended up making our own, from a light-weight awning with a window in it, using velcro to tie the sides to the poles and sewing on a bead for the figure of eight style couplings. The side edges are supported on Fiamma roof supports with the figure of eight couplings screwed to the top of them.
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions
winchman
Supreme Being

Post by winchman » Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:28 pm

This man will make anything you want
http://www.parrotsol.co.uk/
Nice bloke too
technophobe
Tribal Elder

Post by technophobe » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:36 pm

We also have a Fiamma Zip awning with side and front and curtains. Great for winter or bad weather but heavy and bulky to transport. So for summer and warmer weather, as we almost never sit inside, we made a really effective, real cheapy. We bought a cheap set of gazebo front and sides, inserted a cord so it would fit in the channel on the front of the awning, and use a couple of washing line poles to hold the sides. Needs a little thought and stitching - but great.
Richard & Jo

1995 SGL5 Black over silver clear windows
khisanth
Bongolier

Post by khisanth » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:39 pm

looks like the way to go is to make a cheap awning for my fiamma

thankyou
technophobe
Tribal Elder

Post by technophobe » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:51 pm

Wow!! :D :D
Is this success at last? Normally no one takes a blind bit of interest in anything I say or suggest :shock:
Richard & Jo

1995 SGL5 Black over silver clear windows
khisanth
Bongolier

Post by khisanth » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:54 pm

if you are struggling for success with suggestions i could change my mind lol

Return to “Bongo Camping Equipment”