Bongo Roof Cover

Questions & answers about awnings, mattresses, and other things to make life on the road more comfortable. This section is for Bongo-specific kit only. No talk about backpacking tents here!

Moderator: Muzorewa

loneranger
Bongolier

Bongo Roof Cover

Post by loneranger » Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:13 pm

Hello,just got back from Nick Wilmots having just bought an exterior windscreen cover for the Bongo which is the best I have seen.But what I am posting about is the fact that Nick has perfected his Bongo Roof Cover and is able to produce them in Silver,Grey,Black and Dark Blue.This is the cover which several Peeps have been searching for to use to make it warmer when sleeping in the roof or winter camping.Email him at [email protected] to discuss it more.Hope this helps anyone searching for a roof cover. Cheers Michael
Red & Blue Advanced Driver "Bongoin in the Peak" or "Aye Up My Duck" Land
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Re: Bongo Roof Cover

Post by mikeonb4c » Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:43 pm

loneranger wrote:Hello,just got back from Nick Wilmots having just bought an exterior windscreen cover for the Bongo which is the best I have seen.But what I am posting about is the fact that Nick has perfected his Bongo Roof Cover and is able to produce them in Silver,Grey,Black and Dark Blue.This is the cover which several Peeps have been searching for to use to make it warmer when sleeping in the roof or winter camping.Email him at [email protected] to discuss it more.Hope this helps anyone searching for a roof cover. Cheers Michael
Great news at last! Thanks for the heads up. What's the cost, for those wanting one?
briwy
Supreme Being

Post by briwy » Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:45 pm

I'll second that Michael, Nicks stuff is excellent. We've just got a cover for this alternative Bongo we've got. He does awning sides as well which are handy.
loneranger
Bongolier

Post by loneranger » Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:36 am

Hello,Mike I did not find out the cost of the Roof Cover,but if you Email Nick at Comfortzleisure @aol .com and mention my name I am sure he will sort you out and you can discuss the price.I was impressed with the fit and quality of the Roof Cover compared with the one I saw at Looe two years ago.He had it fitted on his Bongo and my reaction was "If I slept in the roof I would want one of those to make it warmer or cooler".I was there to purchase an Exterior Windscreen Cover for the Bongo,to combat the heat from the sun.This is easier and quicker to put on than the Interior Silver Screens (no messing about with suckers) and can be used all year round.So as soon as I got back ,on it went in less than a minute.Cheers Michael
loneranger
Bongolier

Post by loneranger » Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:52 am

Hello Brian,who is now Bongo less which is a sad loss to the Peak District.As Queen says "Another one bits the dust".I agree that Nicks stuff is top quality and nice bloke to deal with, but then he is a fellow Bongo Owner.I look forward to seeing your alternative Bongo!.Cheers Michael
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:17 pm

Thanks Michael, I may follow that up :-)
loneranger
Bongolier

Post by loneranger » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:23 pm

Hello pictures and prices for the Bongo Roof Cover are now on Nicks site Comforzleisure .co.uk for anyone interested.Cheers Michael
Simon Jones
Supreme Being

Post by Simon Jones » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:39 am

£199 - £249. Ouch
the laird
Supreme Being

Re: Bongo Roof Coverss

Post by the laird » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:16 am

Still waiting for him to reply to all my e mails!sorry to burst his bubble but not impressed with his buisness approach
loneranger
Bongolier

Post by loneranger » Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:21 pm

Hello Gordon,I only posted the link on Monday and the photos and prices on Thursday,so I don't think that's too long in fairness.Cheers Michael
the laird
Supreme Being

Post by the laird » Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:35 pm

This was to get a roof cover and be guinee pig for him I tried on several occsions to get a reply but to no avail ie last year!,good to talk michael
loneranger
Bongolier

Post by loneranger » Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:09 pm

Hello Simon £199 seems to be the price for the Bongo Roof Covers.This is good quality fabric not like the flimsy Mazda one that I saw two years ago.It is the same fabric that my Exterior Windscreen Cover is made from and I am very pleased with that.I do not and never will buy rubbish or recommend anything I would not buy myself if I needed it.I just remember that several peeps were after the Roof Covers last Autumn for winter camping.As far as I am concerned they have to decide if they want one and how much to pay.It is a decision I have had to make several times in my ownership of the Bongo regarding accessories in the world where everything for Bongos cost money.Think about the crazy prices people pay for the rear ladders,which serve no purpose.Cheers Michael
wilnx005
Bongonaut

Post by wilnx005 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:45 pm

the laird wrote:Still waiting for him to reply to all my e mails!sorry to burst his bubble but not impressed with his buisness approach
Hi Gordon, you're quite right and I have no excuse really :? the roof cover project got shelved for the best part of 12 months and I'd not been on the forum for a long time - but I totally agree I should have got back to you so sincere apologies!

P.S. take a look at your inbox :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Nick
hembramacho
Supreme Being

Post by hembramacho » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:24 am

the laird wrote:Still waiting for him to reply to all my e mails!sorry to burst his bubble but not impressed with his buisness approach
I second that. I took time to take loads of photos of my original roof cover for him so as to help Nick with the project last October, with the promise of a test cover to trial and compare to my original. Heard nothing back.
Interesting that the final product is now for sale though, presumably without being trialled alongside the Mazda original. Wonder how many of the final ideas were taken from my original cover photos? :-k [-X
loneranger wrote:This is good quality fabric not like the flimsy Mazda one
I can't see how a comparison can be made between this new one and the original Mazda cover by someone who has not tried and used both types over a matter of time in both hot and cold climates. :roll:

Cheers

Andrew
ImageGwlad, gwlad, pleidiol wyf i'm gwlad.Image
loneranger
Bongolier

Post by loneranger » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:33 pm

Hello Andrew,I never said that I had used the original cover.All I saw was one at Looe as I stated,which did not look as good as Nicks.I was only trying to help people who were posting in search of a cover.The problem seemed to be that the original Mazda Covers did not come up for sale very often.It does not effect me personally as I have no requirement for a Cover.I sleep in the Bongo winter and summer and as I am a Tough Norterner I do not need to be papered.Cheers Michael

Return to “Bongo Camping Equipment”