Awning set up

Questions & answers about awnings, mattresses, and other things to make life on the road more comfortable. This section is for Bongo-specific kit only. No talk about backpacking tents here!

Moderator: Muzorewa

stuc
Supreme Being

Awning set up

Post by stuc » Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:22 pm

Just had a practice before the bash to see everything fits on the new van and all is looking good so I took some pics to let you have a look. Caravanstore awning with the sides cut down to fit. Works a treat and takes minutes to set up.

Do what you like.Like what you do.
kingbillybongo
Bongolier

Re: Awning set up

Post by kingbillybongo » Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:24 am

Looking good,just fitted a fiamma pro 35 myself and would be interested to see what it's like with sides on ? :D
[color=#0000BF]billybongofreedom[/color]
Debs and David
Tribal Elder

Post by Debs and David » Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:29 am

We're taking our caravan for it's 3rd outing to the Bash, it came with an awning but we haven't had a practice run with it, so if you see a couple at the Bash who look like they're headed for the divorce courts, that'll be us :P :P We always used to fall out when we 1st started putting up the bongo awning together :roll: so god knows what'll happen with a caravan awning with no instructions.
Debs & David

You Need Degas to Make De Van Gogh
blobber
Supreme Being

Post by blobber » Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:21 pm

debs, can you wait untill Thursday putting your awning up? Don't want to miss a good laugh :lol: :lol: :lol:
Alan & Dot

Yes sir, I can Bongo !!

I now walk with an angel by my side.
Bongoplod
Supreme Being

Post by Bongoplod » Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:41 pm

Debs and David wrote:We're taking our caravan for it's 3rd outing to the Bash, it came with an awning but we haven't had a practice run with it, so if you see a couple at the Bash who look like they're headed for the divorce courts, that'll be us :P :P We always used to fall out when we 1st started putting up the bongo awning together :roll: so god knows what'll happen with a caravan awning with no instructions.
All caravan awnings are the same ............and easy

Hope youre bringing the tardis to the Steam rally

Brian
Confucious once said " To be fluent in Bongolese is to hold the key to the world!"
Debs and David
Tribal Elder

Post by Debs and David » Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:15 pm

Will take your word for it, that they are easy Brian, and Alan we might still be at it on Thursday #-o #-o

Yes we will be taking tardis to the Steam Gathering, the bongo is now seatless :lol:
Debs & David

mikeWalsall
Supreme Being

Post by mikeWalsall » Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:54 pm

I found with caravans awnings .. it's how easy it fits into the awning rail ..

I bought some dry silicone lubricant .. and a rail spreading tool .. which I used to push (or tap) through the awning rail before trying ..

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_trksi ... &_from=R40
JAL Mushroom roof,12/240v, fridge, cooker, sink, LPG V6 .. (written off @ £5500 Nov 2016)
Debs and David
Tribal Elder

Post by Debs and David » Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:46 pm

Thanks for the advice Mike, I'm sure David has something that will do the job in his little bag of trick, aka his tool box :) Will get him to have a look at the rail before was go on Wed. :lol:
Debs & David

stuc
Supreme Being

Post by stuc » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:55 am

kingbillybongo wrote:Looking good,just fitted a fiamma pro 35 myself and would be interested to see what it's like with sides on ? :D
Track me down at the bash and you can have a look, will have my name stuc on the front.
daveblueozzie
Supreme Being

Post by daveblueozzie » Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:58 pm

Looking good Stu :D You can eat your broccoli in private now :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Lost without my Bongo.
stuc
Supreme Being

Post by stuc » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:54 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: Good memory Dave, I was just having a look at what I could cook this time in my camper van cookbook, and came across the one with the broccoli in and had a good chuckle to myself. Show your face and I might be able to show you what some other forms of vegetables look like. Did you know potatoes are actually round not chip shaped? :lol:
kingbillybongo
Bongolier

Post by kingbillybongo » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:26 pm

Cheers stuc,I'll do that ,looking forward to the bash ,will be my first and will be good to put faces to names! :D
[color=#0000BF]billybongofreedom[/color]

Return to “Bongo Camping Equipment”