Riversway Leisure RV M series awning

Questions & answers about awnings, mattresses, and other things to make life on the road more comfortable. This section is for Bongo-specific kit only. No talk about backpacking tents here!

Moderator: Muzorewa

Klunk
Bongonaut

Riversway Leisure RV M series awning

Post by Klunk » Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:54 pm

When I bought Brigitte last year the cowboy I purchased it from threw in an unused RV M Series awning. I've had a couple of overnighters in her but today I thought; what with the weather being nice, that I would erect it in the garden. All went fairly well till I tried to figure out how to "connect" it to the van. I assume the thick piping on one of the flappy bits is what goes against the van and in the guttering. What is baffling me is how do we secure it there?

Any of you good people have any experience of this model of awning. There is supposedly an instruction video on the Riversway Leisure web site but I can't find it for love nor money. Ideally I'd like to have this sussed before the bash at the end of the month, though we can only do Saturday night :(

Please can anyone help? ](*,)
Bongo A person or animal that has deep rooted psychological or mental illness.
MarcT77
Bongolier

Re: Riversway Leisure RV M series awning

Post by MarcT77 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:01 pm

Klunk wrote:When I bought Brigitte last year the cowboy I purchased it from threw in an unused RV M Series awning. I've had a couple of overnighters in her but today I thought; what with the weather being nice, that I would erect it in the garden. All went fairly well till I tried to figure out how to "connect" it to the van. I assume the thick piping on one of the flappy bits is what goes against the van and in the guttering. What is baffling me is how do we secure it there?

Any of you good people have any experience of this model of awning. There is supposedly an instruction video on the Riversway Leisure web site but I can't find it for love nor money. Ideally I'd like to have this sussed before the bash at the end of the month, though we can only do Saturday night :(

Please can anyone help? ](*,)
You need a 'figure of 8' fixing kit
This is usually just 3 lengths of F of 8 plastic strips that clip onto the Bongo gutter,you slide the
piping into it to secure.
kingbillybongo
Bongolier

Post by kingbillybongo » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:17 pm

Figure of 8 as last post says
:D
[color=#0000BF]billybongofreedom[/color]
Bongoplod
Supreme Being

Post by Bongoplod » Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:09 pm

This link will shop you what you need.clip one side to your gutter,the other takes the piping on the awning,to form a join

http://www.amazon.co.uk/figure-channel- ... B0026XQUG2

Brian
Confucious once said " To be fluent in Bongolese is to hold the key to the world!"
Klunk
Bongonaut

Post by Klunk » Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:11 am

I managed to source a 2.4 metre length from Norwich Camping & Leisure at a good price. Top place and was assisted by a fellow Bongolier who stuck it on my gutter and had a good old yarn bout Bongos. It's been on there for a week or so now and I don't think it's going to come off...ever :)
MarcT77
Bongolier

Post by MarcT77 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:31 am

Klunk wrote:I managed to source a 2.4 metre length from Norwich Camping & Leisure at a good price. Top place and was assisted by a fellow Bongolier who stuck it on my gutter and had a good old yarn bout Bongos. It's been on there for a week or so now and I don't think it's going to come off...ever :)
Might be a bit hard driving to the shops with the awning dragging along behind you though..... :lol:
Klunk
Bongonaut

Post by Klunk » Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:01 pm

You laugh, I could not get the awning on it. I ended up using clamps yesterday! :shock:

Return to “Bongo Camping Equipment”