Stop table sliding along rail

Questions & answers about kitchen units, stoves, fridges, heaters, water tanks, seats, mattresses etc etc.

Moderator: Doone

philsteward
Junior Bongonaut

Stop table sliding along rail

Post by philsteward » Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:34 pm

Hi all, I have tried searching but not finding what I'm after, please post a link if this has been discussed before.

I have a side conversion which has the table rail fitted to it, it is between the rear and middle (reversed) seats. The issue I am having is the rail is 50% wider than the table, which is great as means I can have the table on whilst the bench seats are in different positions, however it means the table slides up and down the rail when I don't want it to!

Anyone who has kids knows how much they like to push and lean on things and it drives me crazy!

The other end of the table is a removable single leg which has a sucker at the bottom. This is a bit old too so could be changed if part of a solution??

I can't be the only one with this issue!!
1996 4WD 2.5d full side conversion with 6 seats & AFT
nth
Bongolier

Re: Stop table sliding along rail

Post by nth » Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:50 pm

I know the problem & feel your pain after having a couple of bowls of rice krispies spilled over me.
What I did was use a split piece of rubber hose wrapped round the rail & clamped with a jubilee clip. Doesn't look great but does the job perfect & can be easily removed again leaving no trace.
95 2.5d 4WD AFT
Flanners
Bongolier

Post by Flanners » Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:39 pm

If I am reading your post correctly, there is actually a plastic adapter that colour matches the other fittings (grey in my case) that is screwed in at the position of your choosing along the rail to keep the table in the given position or not beyond that; have one on mine to ensure the table stays central when we eat even when on a slight incline but also enables me to keep the table erected against the side of the van when driving if I wish with no ill effects.
2002 2.0 Aero with Outback Conversion and Roof Top Tent
philsteward
Junior Bongonaut

Post by philsteward » Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:42 pm

Got a pic? That sounds like it might what there used to be as noticed there are a few screw holes along the length...

Or a link I suppose or what it is called even!!
1996 4WD 2.5d full side conversion with 6 seats & AFT
Hazzobongo
Bongolier

Post by Hazzobongo » Wed Feb 09, 2022 4:40 pm

A couple of rubber bands each side of the 'clipon' part would do the job.

Return to “Campervan Conversions in Bongos”