How high is a high top and got any pics?

Questions & answers about kitchen units, stoves, fridges, heaters, water tanks, seats, mattresses etc etc.

Moderator: Doone

marrow
Junior Bongonaut

How high is a high top and got any pics?

Post by marrow » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:32 pm

We have a tin top Bongo and are thinking about converting the roof. I know some people on here have high tops and feel quite tempted by that as an option.

How high is your van with the high top? How high is a van with a pop top conversion? And do you have any photos of the inside of the high top roof? I can’t get an idea of how much space there is in there for sleeping. Do you have any issues with your high top?

Thanks! (End of questions - for now :D )
Jillygumbo
Supreme Being

Re: How high is a high top and got any pics?

Post by Jillygumbo » Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:41 pm

marrow wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:32 pm We have a tin top Bongo and are thinking about converting the roof. I know some people on here have high tops and feel quite tempted by that as an option.

How high is your van with the high top? How high is a van with a pop top conversion? And do you have any photos of the inside of the high top roof? I can’t get an idea of how much space there is in there for sleeping. Do you have any issues with your high top?

Thanks! (End of questions - for now :D )
I have a fixed hitop from New Dawn (Drivelodge).
1. 2.6M
2. Not sure what you mean
3. I don't have any photos right now of the inside of the roof but my OH calls it a tardis. That should give you an idea. I don't have any bedboards, purely use it for storage and standing.
4. No issues whatsoever as long as you realise you don't fit under the usual height barriers!
Jillygumbo, Tonto & Ruca
The night conceals the world, but reveals the universe!
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Post by g8dhe » Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:11 pm

With regard to pop-tops it will depend which one, there are several and all differ in height and ways of opening.
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:51 pm

Of the after market pop-tops I've seen none are higher than a factory AFT, which is 6’10”, or 2.1 metric Devil units. :wink:

There may, of course, be higher ones, and note some of them are a right pig to get up and down.

Return to “Campervan Conversions in Bongos”