Radio stopped working and opening front cab doors suddenly works on opening 🤔🤔🤔 any ideas

Questions & answers about kitchen units, stoves, fridges, heaters, water tanks, seats, mattresses etc etc.

Moderator: Doone

bongoMonty1
Apprentice Bongonaut

Radio stopped working and opening front cab doors suddenly works on opening 🤔🤔🤔 any ideas

Post by bongoMonty1 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:57 am

Hi, our radio has stopped working and weirdly st the same time the key opens the front doors in the cab but doesn't lock them both! Have no idea why this is happening-really would just like radio to work again! Any thoughts?
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Re: Radio stopped working and opening front cab doors suddenly works on opening 🤔🤔🤔 any ideas

Post by g8dhe » Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:06 am

If the radio has stopped working completely then look towards the top right fuse by the drivers knee, or its equivalent on the leisure battery.

The lock problems sounds much more like the drivers door loom, check the state of the loom on the drivers lower door hinge, the constant movement causes the wires to work harden and then to start breaking inside the insulation, if it is a broken wire then there is a repair kit available to replace all the wires as you will find other wires will start to break if you only fix one! https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/bespokeautoe ... ervices_uk
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions
bongoMonty1
Apprentice Bongonaut

Re: Radio stopped working and opening front cab doors suddenly works on opening 🤔🤔🤔 any ideas

Post by bongoMonty1 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:42 am

Thank you I wondered if it was a fuse and wasn't sure which particular one it was.
bongoMonty1
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by bongoMonty1 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:06 am

there are some extra fuses which I am unsure of!
Attachments
B7AF4066-AE2A-4623-860C-7A480D9DE4F9.jpeg
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Post by g8dhe » Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:17 pm

Someone has added "piggy back" fuses, these are extensions that allow another connection to be made the extra lead in each case then runs off to a connector for even more leads in your case.
The top right fuse is the Accessories fuse and becomes live at the first Ignition switch position. The
The fuse on the second row down is only live when the Ignition is ON and its switched off during starting as well often used for coolant level alarms etc to avoid nasty voltage spikes during starting damaging electronics.
Geoff
Image Spherical Visions
bongoMonty1
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by bongoMonty1 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:44 pm

Do I replace the ones on the 'piggy back' or do I remove them to get to the top right fuse.
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Post by g8dhe » Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:35 pm

There are two in the piggy back, first one is original circuit upper one is the extra circuit.
Geoff
Image Spherical Visions
bongoMonty1
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by bongoMonty1 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:00 pm

Thanks again g8dhe I took one out they looked ok and so I put them back and it worked so looks like that is a result- cheers.

Return to “Campervan Conversions in Bongos”