Kitchen units...!

Questions & answers about kitchen units, stoves, fridges, heaters, water tanks, seats, mattresses etc etc.

Moderator: Doone

yorkshirelass
Tribal Elder

Kitchen units...!

Post by yorkshirelass » Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:20 pm

Hi , had my sink and hob unit in for many years, but been thinking of changing bongo for a bit bigger van...then thought..if my sink unit etc were narrower, it would probably be much better for me now I’m a thousand years old ! Question...could my current one...fitted by wellhouse leisure , be cut down a bit @nd a smaller sink and only one hob be feasible...or is this wishful thinking ? A total new one would be expensive I presume ?? Any ideas folks...please!! Cheers pam
Bob
Supreme Being

Re: Kitchen units...!

Post by Bob » Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:22 pm

Difficult to say without seeing it, but I'd say you're basicaly starting from scratch.

However - Your existing unit will likely sell, and it's probably cheaper to do that and fit a new, smaller one, instead of buying a new vehicle. 8)

Could you live with a bowl and a camping stove? :P

Don't know what others think? :wink:
yorkshirelass
Tribal Elder

Post by yorkshirelass » Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:50 pm

Thanks Bob, itshould be cheaper the way you say...just wish I knew how narrow..is narrow !? Anyone you know, has a slimline unit ?? Mines probably as wide as the bed I sleep on ...just about 4-5 inches between them. Anyone else on here have any info to guide me ???
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:34 pm

Mine's not converted so I can't be a lot of help I'm afraid, and (of course) I can't remember who has what. :?

Perhaps a willing volunteer... :lol:
yorkshirelass
Tribal Elder

Post by yorkshirelass » Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:52 pm

Cheers Bob...maybe ...someone will see this and can help further ??
Doone
Supreme Being

Post by Doone » Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:39 am

There are lots of different conversions on this link. It may help you. viewtopic.php?f=47&t=37365

If you can't find what you need, a local carpenter may be able to trim the depth of your existing units to make them narrower.
Smev make some of the slimmest hobs that I know of. The Smev 911 (sometimes called a Dometic 2320)
is a 2 burner hob with sink. Its 320mm wide. That will give you an idea of how narrow you could make your unit.
Allan's closed. We recommend PGS (Plymouth Garage Services) or Mayflower Auto Services in Plymouth.
fordmill
Bongonaut

Post by fordmill » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:54 pm

Hi Folks,

Just wondering if anybody has got any self build kitchen cabinet dimensions so I will be able to make my own cabinets?

Regards

Fordmill
Jillygumbo
Supreme Being

Post by Jillygumbo » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:51 pm

How wide is your bed at the moment? You say there's not much difference between the width of the bed and the kitchen unit. That doesn't sound right. My bed is 900mm wide - I would call it a single width size really but share it with my large chocolate lab (who won't sleep on the front passenger seat!

Cozy for two people would be my guess but it depends on how large the people are - or how inclined to cuddle up!

You can get slimline kitchen units from New Dawn conversions. JAL do even slimmer ones but don't tend to work on bongos they haven't supplied themselves.
Jillygumbo, Tonto & Ruca
The night conceals the world, but reveals the universe!
Jillygumbo
Supreme Being

Post by Jillygumbo » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:48 pm

plonkatronix wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:45 pm If you're feeling adventurous, cut off the back's off everything and move it back... it will need a new worktop to reposition the sink/hob... the sink will predict the depth limit.

Second shout out for any kitchen drawings/plans for DIY if anyone has any please, be interesting to see a breakdown... we currently have an awful looking single sink/hob side pod and would like to make and fit my own, (ex kitchen fitter :lol: )
Sounds like a challenge for you!
Jillygumbo, Tonto & Ruca
The night conceals the world, but reveals the universe!

Return to “Campervan Conversions in Bongos”