Wellhouse Leisure Conversion Help!

Questions & answers about kitchen units, stoves, fridges, heaters, water tanks, seats, mattresses etc etc.

Moderator: Doone

harrietstonerose
Apprentice Bongonaut

Wellhouse Leisure Conversion Help!

Post by harrietstonerose » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:19 pm

Hello!

I've recently bought a 1996 Bongo with a Wellhouse Leisure Conversion in it. I would like to know if anyone has the same and could help with a few things before I have to rip everything out to find out how things work?!

Firstly, the fridge does not seem to be working but I am unsure how it is powered. A sticker inside just says 12/24V so I'm assuming its constantly wired up to the leisure battery and you cannot switch it over to be powered by the 240V hook up...? After noticing this sticker saying just 12/24V, i'm assuming that there are no other on/off switches to the fridge other than the control switch inside it. However, i have left this switch on full, the fridge has not got cold and the battery hasn't dropped below 13v. So maybe the fridge needs refridgerant gas... but i'd have thought the fridge would have still dropped the leisure battery volts? :shock:

Also, the tap has electrical contacts on it so it can be wired up to the pump in the water tank, but again I am unsure how this is fed.

Bob
Supreme Being

Re: Wellhouse Leisure Conversion Help!

Post by Bob » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:48 pm

Hi, and welcome. 8)

Could you make an appointment for Wellhouse to take a look at it?

They should have the answers, unless someone has 'tweaked' things. :?
Rup328
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by Rup328 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:10 pm

On my Wellhouse conversion there is a small switch to the right hand side of the internal mains socket. When switched on a red led on the button illuminates and the fridge can then be switched on.
Tessie
Bongolier

Post by Tessie » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:04 am

My Wellhouse conversion is the same, as above. You should find that the tap will work too when this switch is turned on and showing the red light. When you are on hook-up, assuming it has got the hook-up socket (mine is near the driver's side rear wheel) the leisure battery will be getting charged and the fridge will work ok as long as the switch mentioned is turned on. It will work from the leisure battery without the 240v hook-up but the length of time it will work depends on the amp hour size of the battery and its condition.
Never run out of road, traction and ideas at the same time.
harrietstonerose
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by harrietstonerose » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:58 pm

Thank you so much!!!

Return to “Campervan Conversions in Bongos”