Smev Space

Questions & answers about kitchen units, stoves, fridges, heaters, water tanks, seats, mattresses etc etc.

Moderator: Doone

Alan2016
Bongonaut

Smev Space

Post by Alan2016 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:01 pm

Hi All

I'm wondering if anyone knows how much space cupboard you need around a 2 burner Smev/Dometic hob? I'm considering building a removable "box" to hold a cooktop with additional room to store plates and cutlery. This probably wouldn't be used in the Bongo, just lifted out and used as a camp kitchen. I'm just not sure if it is practical/possible to do and how much space I'd need to allow below and to the sides of the hob i.e. how big my box would need to be? I'd like to keep it as compact as possible while remaining safe (I haven't been able to find any guidance on the Dometic site). I could put air vents in the side and rear to allow airflow...

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Alan
Doone
Supreme Being

Re: Smev Space

Post by Doone » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:19 pm

This doesn't answer your question exactly but may help:
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=60785&hilit=Cupboard+Vent
Allan's closed. We recommend PGS (Plymouth Garage Services) or Mayflower Auto Services in Plymouth.
Alan2016
Bongonaut

Post by Alan2016 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:09 pm

Thanks Doone. I finally managed to find a manual on the Dometic site that said you need 30mm below the burners and you should stick heat insulation down if you plan to have anything in a drawer immediately below that.
Doone
Supreme Being

Post by Doone » Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:48 pm

That's more than we knew (on the forum) before! Nice detective work!
Allan's closed. We recommend PGS (Plymouth Garage Services) or Mayflower Auto Services in Plymouth.

Return to “Campervan Conversions in Bongos”