Re-classifying - Question....

Questions & answers about kitchen units, stoves, fridges, heaters, water tanks, seats, mattresses etc etc.

Moderator: Doone

Damon
Apprentice Bongonaut

Re-classifying - Question....

Post by Damon » Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:22 pm

Hi All,

I've got my V5 back from DVLA for the recently purchased Bongo, it's already converted so I'm going to fill out the V5 & send it back with the letter etc to get it officially reclassified as a Motor Caravan.

My question is - it's apparently a "proper" conversion (Montague) but I don't have any paperwork or details to prove who did it.

I've contacted the company (Complete Camper Conversions) via their messaging service on their web page to ask if they've got any records they can pass to me.

If they can't do this can I still put it down as a professional conversion (but I've got no dates) or should I just say that I did it and put the date a week after I became the owner??

Cheers,

Damon
Ian
Supreme Being

Re: Re-classifying - Question....

Post by Ian » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:25 pm

You will be OK if you send photos of the conversion. You need a minimum of 7 photos.

1. Front of Motor Caravan showing registration plate.
2. Rear of Motor Caravan again showing registration plate.
3. Side of vehicle showing sliding door and windows (to prove it's not a panel van)
4. Interior detail showing seats and table in upright position.
5. Bed in sleeping position.
6. Cooking facilities.
7. Storage cupboard.

It's not always possible to photograph but you will also need to prove there is a secure water container.
668. The Neighbour of The Beast.
Damon
Apprentice Bongonaut

Re: Re-classifying - Question....

Post by Damon » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:28 pm

Cool, I'm taking the photos tomorrow, already filled in the letter, was just unsure of what to put regarding the conversion date.

Will just go for a week after I bought it I think!

Cheers,

Damon

Return to “Campervan Conversions in Bongos”