Rock/Roll Bed for Bongo working with existing runners

Questions & answers about kitchen units, stoves, fridges, heaters, water tanks, seats, mattresses etc etc.

Moderator: Doone

Steve
Apprentice Bongonaut

Rock/Roll Bed for Bongo working with existing runners

Post by Steve » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:50 pm

Hi All
New and very happy Bongo owner here.
I want to replace my current MPV 3/4 seats with a rock and roll bed.
However, I would prefer to have a Rock/Roll that can use the existing runners in the Van to be movable so I can get the most out of the floor space in the cabin. It would need to be compliant with all the necessary safety regulations etc.
So far I have found only one maker in the UK. Smart bed. Does anyone know of any others? Or companies who can do the coversion for me ? Im based in South East London and am ready to go .... but I need a decent bed.
Thanks!
Steve
Flanners
Bongolier

Re: Rock/Roll Bed for Bongo working with existing runners

Post by Flanners » Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:01 pm

https://www.kiravans.co.uk/scopema-rib- ... rib-seats/

The huge cost of these beds :shock:

I opted for a rear conversion with a flattened swivel seat, it works really well and offers a full width bed which is comfortable to sleep on. I am sure you could get your 3/4 seat flattened too?
2002 2.0 Aero with Outback Conversion and Roof Top Tent
Steve
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by Steve » Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:54 pm

Thanks - I saw their site yesterday and nearly fell off my chair - almost half the price of the Van!

Smart Bed seemed cheaper, and just as good. But I wondered if there are any other options/fitters fellow owners may know of

When you say a flattened swivel seat - what do you mean?

I have the two factory fitted ones and the kitchen was a side installation = hence the 3/4 width.

I can get a fix bed, but I would love one that can move along the cab - but if I need a small mortgage to have it, then fixed will have to do me.

I want a swivel for the front seat and so far only found New Dawn Conversions

Thanks!
Roy748
Bongolier

Post by Roy748 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:56 pm

If you know of someone or can weld yourself, plans for build your own rock and roll bed can be purchased on ebay for £10.00.
dave_ness
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by dave_ness » Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:43 pm

Was looking at this issue recently too and did notice a photo on Shotton iron works site https://www.shottonironworks.co.uk/prod ... -roll-bed/ that uses the rails to secure. Not sure about crash test quality etc. though.

Return to “Campervan Conversions in Bongos”