Front car seat covers

Questions & answers about kitchen units, stoves, fridges, heaters, water tanks, seats, mattresses etc etc.

Moderator: Doone

yorkshirelass
Tribal Elder

Front car seat covers

Post by yorkshirelass » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:22 am

I’ve been looking for two car seat covers but seems they are all black/ grey, and look very drab. I’ve had some before. But just thin nylon type / protection.. Now I want some smart.....ish ones with blue on them. Halfords are rubbish and I m not keen on trying online sellers, as I like to feel the quality etc. Any recommendations please ?
Bob
Supreme Being

Re: Front car seat covers

Post by Bob » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:34 am

If you're coming down to Stourport these guys are close by, but I doubt they will be cheap:

http://www.jcseatcovers.co.uk/
yorkshirelass
Tribal Elder

Post by yorkshirelass » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:55 am

Thanks Bob, yes they are rather expensive ! Think I'll keep on looking....there must be something out there that's better than Halfords ? Maybe I'll have tojust throw some fabric over my grotty seats ? Never been to stourport, but am planning on making it this year. Cheers love.
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:55 am

Bob wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:34 am If you're coming down to Stourport these guys are close by, but I doubt they will be cheap:

http://www.jcseatcovers.co.uk/
They look good. I wonder if they might do a Bongobashers discount price like New Dawn Conversions do. Could be useful promotion for their brand? If he happens to read this, maybe Sir Iain de Bongomeister might send an emissary on horseback inviting them to parley.
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being

Post by mikeonb4c » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:04 pm

yorkshirelass wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:55 am Thanks Bob, yes they are rather expensive ! Think I'll keep on looking....there must be something out there that's better than Halfords ? Maybe I'll have tojust throw some fabric over my grotty seats ? Never been to stourport, but am planning on making it this year. Cheers love.
I use a pair of black heated/massage seat covers (i was lucky to get two matching Woolworths one cheap on ebay from separate sources). I get extra comfort (my back doesn't like the Bongo seat squab) from their padding and i always drive with heat on these days as my back is so much better for it. And they look fine also (better than ill fitting covers and anyway, comfort before looks i reckon). And my seats are protected from wear (i hope - i've not peeked lately!)
yorkshirelass
Tribal Elder

Post by yorkshirelass » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:40 pm

What a good idea Mike, I had vaguely thought of these before, but I've always associated them with taxi drivers or old men :shock: now is clearly time to realise that as I am now an old woman....that it's probably a good option for me and MY back !! So Mike where do you plug them in ? It cannot be the cigar lighter as the wires would be dangling ???? Or are they battery operated ?
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being

Post by mikeonb4c » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:09 pm

yorkshirelass wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:40 pm What a good idea Mike, I had vaguely thought of these before, but I've always associated them with taxi drivers or old men :shock: now is clearly time to realise that as I am now an old woman....that it's probably a good option for me and MY back !! So Mike where do you plug them in ? It cannot be the cigar lighter as the wires would be dangling ???? Or are they battery operated ?
I run a fused supply from the leisure battery underneath the centre console and to a 3 x ciggie lighter i have mounted on the rear face of the console. One socket each for the heated seat covers and the one in the middle has a 3 xusb charger plugged into it. So the seat covers can be plugged in discreetly and the spare length of wire pushed up underneath the centre console. All works out pretty neat. And yes i decided that i'd rather be comfy than cool (though, actually, and perhaps because they're a mathing pair, I think they look quite good and certainly better than ill fitting unheated unpadded seat covers) :-) 8)

P.S. be careful to research reviews though as i suspect there's some cheap tat out there
yorkshirelass
Tribal Elder

Post by yorkshirelass » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:54 pm

Thanks Mike, have just been looking online, and yes I’m wary, so have been reading reviews. No rush...I’ll take my time. Cheers :D
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being

Post by mikeonb4c » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:52 pm

yorkshirelass wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:54 pm Thanks Mike, have just been looking online, and yes I’m wary, so have been reading reviews. No rush...I’ll take my time. Cheers :D
Smart move all round =D>
TheLongRoad
Bongolier

Post by TheLongRoad » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:03 pm

mikeonb4c wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:04 pm
(i was lucky to get two matching Woolworths one cheap on ebay from separate sources).
That's a retail blast from the past....
2002 Friendee 2.0 ltr Petrol.
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being

Post by mikeonb4c » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:34 pm

TheLongRoad wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:03 pm
mikeonb4c wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:04 pm
(i was lucky to get two matching Woolworths one cheap on ebay from separate sources).
That's a retail blast from the past....
Yes i got lucky there as they'd been closed a few years when i spotted them on ebay. :-)

Return to “Campervan Conversions in Bongos”