Side mounted seats

Questions & answers about kitchen units, stoves, fridges, heaters, water tanks, seats, mattresses etc etc.

Moderator: Doone

joeldrummer79
Bongonaut

Side mounted seats

Post by joeldrummer79 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:26 pm

Hi guys

Ive had two swivel seats put in and have removed the middle bench seats to allow more room (have a rear conversion) but now I'm thinking of ways to actually have a bed downstairs but still keep the room. I'm figuring, putting middle seats back in to use as a bed is a waste of use for the swivel seats so was wondering......

I read somewhere that some Bongo models had a rea seat that was mounted to the side of the vehicle? Drivers side?

Would it be possible to mount a seat to the side of the van, directly behind the driver seat (middle of van type thing) so as once its down, it can be flattened out to a bed, along with part of driver swivel seat and my wooded rear arch bench thingy. My thinking is it can then be folded up afterwards and there's little loss of room. (it would only need to come down at bed time!

Is this impossible?

Thoughts welcome, thanks :D
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens
Bob
Supreme Being

Re: Side mounted seats

Post by Bob » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:40 pm

Not sure if you're thinking of the split rear seats typicaly fitted to earlier Bongos?

These are right at the back of the vehicle, rather than the later second bench seat.

As for fitting just one further forward, I'd suggest it can be done, but it's just down to £££. :? .

Return to “Campervan Conversions in Bongos”