Top cupboards with a tintop?

Questions & answers about kitchen units, stoves, fridges, heaters, water tanks, seats, mattresses etc etc.

Moderator: Doone

Eye Guy
Bongonaut

Top cupboards with a tintop?

Post by Eye Guy » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:05 pm

I have two of the mini top (smaller) cupboards fitted to my Bongo at the moment (an AFT) from ACE Campers IIRC.

If I were to change to a tintop (currently thinking that one over) could I refit the cupboards into the new van? They are currently fitted using screws 'down from above' along with a self-made bracket attached to the screw hole that the grab handle was originally in. I am not sure the bracket on its own would be enough to support the weight or keep it level.

Does anyone have experience of fitting similar to a tin top?

Thanks for any info.
Jillygumbo
Supreme Being

Re: Top cupboards with a tintop?

Post by Jillygumbo » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:05 pm

I asked about this when I had a tintop and was told they don't fit very well.
Jillygumbo, Tonto & Ruca
The night conceals the world, but reveals the universe!
Eye Guy
Bongonaut

Post by Eye Guy » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:23 pm

Thanks. Someone on FB suggested the roof is a different shape, so they won't fit.
Markas
Bongolier

Post by Markas » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:29 am

Eye Guy wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:05 pm I have two of the mini top (smaller) cupboards fitted to my Bongo at the moment (an AFT) from ACE Campers IIRC.

If I were to change to a tintop (currently thinking that one over) could I refit the cupboards into the new van? They are currently fitted using screws 'down from above' along with a self-made bracket attached to the screw hole that the grab handle was originally in. I am not sure the bracket on its own would be enough to support the weight or keep it level.

Does anyone have experience of fitting similar to a tin top?

Thanks for any info.
If you're planning to remove and refit them into the new van, why not remove them any way and see if they fit. If they do, it's win-win, if they don't you can always sell them through the small ads on here or fleabay them. The only concern would be their impact on the already somewhat limited headroom, but that might be trial and error, plus what works for you.
Mark
1999 Bongo 2.0L, Northstar Outback rear conversion

Return to “Campervan Conversions in Bongos”