rear conversion from bringmeabongo- can it be registered as motor caravan?

Questions & answers about kitchen units, stoves, fridges, heaters, water tanks, seats, mattresses etc etc.

Moderator: Doone

Bob
Supreme Being

Re: rear conversion from bringmeabongo- can it be registered as motor caravan?

Post by Bob » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:45 pm

Well done, she sounds a beaut. =D>

Do bear in mind the cam belt should be replaced at 5 years if that comes before recommended mileage, so check when it was done. :wink:
chrisg
Junior Bongonaut

Post by chrisg » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:51 pm

cheers!
I've just got back to mcr now... going to have a beer and look at photos of my van!
:D
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:51 am

Great news - enjoy. I'm guessing you mean LPG not GPL? Get to know where to buy LPG along your route, and i think LPG cars not allowed in Chunnel so plan accordingly. As Bob says, check age of cambelt though i'm hoping 10k miles ago suggests it was done not so very long ago.Worth changing various (camshaft) oil seals when cambelt next done as these commonly start weeping with age and since the stripdown is expensive on the v6 anyway it makes sense to do the lot. Search on here for past stories.

Yes i think i've heard other good reports about the Macc lads so maybe a good option if they're nearest. Did they not have anything for sale or don't they sell Bongos?
chrisg
Junior Bongonaut

Post by chrisg » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:09 am

james in mac was brilliant!
he does sell vans, but didn't have anything in that was ready
he had one in that he was starting to convert that would have been ok for us, so he offered to put the seats back in and then convert it when we got back (it was completely stripped down with the new floor going in!), he also talked about renting us a van (he's out of season at the mo)... in the end time got too tight, but he was a big help
he was also a great help in showing me around bongos and giving me an opinion on the vans we were looking at
he's not a fan of LPG (excuse my dyslexia!) but we'll see how it works out.

will check availability in europe of gas, but i think its pretty common... I'm assuming the connection is universal? they don't have european style sockets or something? I'll check it before we go!
plan is to fuel up in luxemburg which is much cheaper... fuel is cheaper in general in europe than in uk
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Post by Muzorewa » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:23 am

If you want to drop in for a brew and talk European tours in Bongos, we're near J23 M60 :wink:
fordmill
Bongonaut

Post by fordmill » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:05 pm

Hi, :D
just reading posts on conversions, I have purchased a Freda on the log book it is registered as a motor camper but it doesn't have any kitchen furniture in it. has anybody got any plans for furniture so I can make my own furniture ? :D

Return to “Campervan Conversions in Bongos”