Rear conversion Bed size

Questions & answers about kitchen units, stoves, fridges, heaters, water tanks, seats, mattresses etc etc.

Moderator: Doone

laurasidestreet
Apprentice Bongonaut

Rear conversion Bed size

Post by laurasidestreet » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:00 am

Hi

We are trying to decide which conversion to go for. Ideally the price of a rear conversion is appealing but my partner is 6ft and
clearly having even a slimline rear conversion cuts into the bed size.
Does anyone know what size bed you are left with with a rear conversion?

Thanks
Laura x
Bob
Supreme Being

Re: Rear conversion Bed size

Post by Bob » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:34 pm

In Bongo Land there won't be any standard.

If you can get along to Stourport walk round and look at conversions and chat to owners. :wink:

If you see one that fits your purpose see about contacting the converter. 8)
Bongolia
Supreme Being

Re: Rear conversion Bed size

Post by Bongolia » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:04 am

laurasidestreet wrote:Hi

We are trying to decide which conversion to go for. Ideally the price of a rear conversion is appealing but my partner is 6ft and
clearly having even a slimline rear conversion cuts into the bed size.
Does anyone know what size bed you are left with with a rear conversion?

Thanks
Laura x
On our Aero the length of our pull out bed is 6 foot 2 inchs. it has a standard side conversion with a depth of 18 inches so leaving a bed width of 3 foot 2 inches
One thing to take into consideration with some side conversions is that with the bed set down the fridge and cupboard doors cannot be opened. A possible solution to this would be a top loading fridge and tambour doors on the cupboards.
I have looked at rear conversions for a project I am doing and the space left for a bed really depends on the remaining seating configuration, if you include the front seats reclined as your leg area then you can get quite a comfortable and spacious layout although you would have the engine cover in between at the leg end.This is the configuration I have settled on.
Have a look through the "show us your insides" posts on here that may help.
Good luck

Return to “Campervan Conversions in Bongos”