Seat help needed please

Questions & answers about kitchen units, stoves, fridges, heaters, water tanks, seats, mattresses etc etc.

Moderator: Doone

Simmy
Bongonaut

Seat help needed please

Post by Simmy » Fri May 26, 2017 1:03 pm

Hi I am planning on doing a mid conversion and wondered if anyone has removed the gull wing seats and refitted the middle seats in place of them? I have short runners but I don't mind if the seats are permanently fixed and not able to slide and would like to put them right up to the tailgate to create as much floor space as possible. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Bongolia
Supreme Being

Re: Seat help needed please

Post by Bongolia » Tue May 30, 2017 1:17 pm

Not 100% on this but I think the short rails can be moved to the back as the fixings are there just not sure of the spacing. Else it would be difficult to mount the seat to the floor directly as a good portion of the bottom frame is the runners so you would at least have a big difference in height.
If the shotrties dont fit then maybe another option would be to pick up a pair of long runners and fit those you would gain the flexibility of re positioning the rear seat if you needed to carry anything behind it.
Simmy
Bongonaut

Post by Simmy » Tue May 30, 2017 4:45 pm

Hi and thanks for your reply. I have stripped out most of the rear now so I'm going to look closer tomorrow. Another option is to keep the gullwings and retrofit headrests??. The kitchen and sink unit i have is massive at 57" long so wanted to get rid of the boot and put seats right back but i can get a smaller unit. If anyone's on the lookout for a sink and cooker unit mine will be for sale soon :)
Simmy
Bongonaut

Post by Simmy » Wed May 31, 2017 7:38 pm

What a day!! The seating plan has changed and I have now kept the middle seats and reversed them. The cooker has been replaced with a smaller unit and I have retrofitted 3 point seatbelts which has worked really well!
The next thing on the list is fitti g the cooker and sink in the boot area and putting my own unit together to store everything but this I will take my time with. I will sort pics out when all is done.
Bongo80
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by Bongo80 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:44 pm

Hi I'm pretty new to this forum. Your post can relate to. Got a bongo recently and started takin seats and to turn around then realise couldn't use seat dont method . I have children and thevidra was they were goin fave each other, one accross from each other allowing room for a drop leaf table.
I'm now in a quandary to leave the middle seat out completely and how a bed would work . A rock n roll back seat/pull out chair bed idea was suggested today by my garage .
Decided on a cooker/unit to go accross the. Such if you have any advice/reccomedations as some seem so pricy.
Many thanks

Return to “Campervan Conversions in Bongos”