Insulation

Questions & answers about kitchen units, stoves, fridges, heaters, water tanks, seats, mattresses etc etc.

Moderator: Doone

Alan2016
Bongonaut

Insulation

Post by Alan2016 » Tue May 02, 2017 10:13 am

I finally got the interior panels removed over the long weekend and started my insulation project by gluing foil bubble wrap style insulation to the tin walls of the van behind the 3 main rear panels (haven't looked at the doors yet). I can't see anywhere else easily accessible so that will probably be all I can do with the bubble wrap.

My next step was going to be to fill the void spaces with wool style insulation but I'm a bit concerned about the affect that that will have on airflow and the potential for causing rust. I can see plenty of people seems to have done it in the past so is this a non-issue or would I be better leaving the voids free and maybe just sticking a second layer of bubble-wrap on top?

Thanks

Alan
Bongolia
Supreme Being

Re: Insulation

Post by Bongolia » Wed May 03, 2017 1:13 pm

Coincidence but I just started on the Waspies insulation yesterday too.
https://goo.gl/photos/vs85JGadWHCTyEsz7
I intend to cover the inside of the trim panels and seal off along the roof voids as best possible with strips of bubble.
I spoke to a roofer who is doing some work for me and asked if there was an insulation material that would allow the movement of air and apparently there is, its like loft insulation but is far more open he did mention the name of it but I have forgotten I dare say a Google search would turn it up. It may well be suitable to use in the voids of the bus if only in those areas that cannot be accessed too facilitate gluing the bubble in pace.
If not I intend to leave the voids open to allow/aid the air circulation behind the panels.
I think the double bubble will be good enough without the need for any filling
Sticky business innit. :D
Alan2016
Bongonaut

Post by Alan2016 » Thu May 04, 2017 10:02 am

Wow thanks Bongolia, that looks like a proper job! Puts my efforts to shame but I think I will follow your path and just go for bubble wrap for now. It certainly is a sticky business :)
Bongolia
Supreme Being

Post by Bongolia » Thu May 04, 2017 10:10 am

Alan2016 wrote:Wow thanks Bongolia, that looks like a proper job! Puts my efforts to shame but I think I will follow your path and just go for bubble wrap for now. It certainly is a sticky business :)
looks better in the pixs than real life I can assure you :D

Return to “Campervan Conversions in Bongos”