Pop top roof for a tin top

Questions & answers about kitchen units, stoves, fridges, heaters, water tanks, seats, mattresses etc etc.

Moderator: Doone

Scratch
Bongolier

Re: Pop top roof for a tin top

Post by Scratch » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:13 pm

One which seems to be rather popular is the Skyline Roof and with hindsight... Google them.

Found their website but looked as they only do them for the T5? :(

http://www.skylineroofs.co.uk/index.htm[/quote]

After a long time looking at various options I contacted Skyline roofs to see who they would recommend to fit one of their roofs (I saw on face book that they manufactured a roof for the Bongo) Although it is not mentioned on their web site they were happy to supply and fit the roof themselves. The whole experience was a pleasure, they were a very friendly bunch, did a professional job and were happy to answer any questions that I had. I strongly suggest anybody who is looking to have a pop top fitted to a tin top Bongo contacts them. I am a very happy customer (and the roof is a great addition), I am so glad I went ahead with it) :D
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:18 pm

Looks very good, thanks for recommendation. =D>
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:14 pm

Scratch wrote:One which seems to be rather popular is the Skyline Roof and with hindsight... Google them.

Found their website but looked as they only do them for the T5? :(

http://www.skylineroofs.co.uk/index.htm

After a long time looking at various options I contacted Skyline roofs to see who they would recommend to fit one of their roofs (I saw on face book that they manufactured a roof for the Bongo) Although it is not mentioned on their web site they were happy to supply and fit the roof themselves. The whole experience was a pleasure, they were a very friendly bunch, did a professional job and were happy to answer any questions that I had. I strongly suggest anybody who is looking to have a pop top fitted to a tin top Bongo contacts them. I am a very happy customer (and the roof is a great addition), I am so glad I went ahead with it) :D
Sounds great. Would love to see a pic of your Bongo with skyline roof fitted if you had a moment to post one . :P
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:23 pm

They're near us so if anyone needs an overnighter while work is done give me a shout. :)
Scratch
Bongolier

Post by Scratch » Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:56 pm

I should have mentioned it at the time - Skyline Roofs also fitted a 140 watt solar panel to keep my leisure battery topped up. Off to France in the summer - can't wait.
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:03 pm

Scratch wrote:I should have mentioned it at the time - Skyline Roofs also fitted a 140 watt solar panel to keep my leisure battery topped up. Off to France in the summer - can't wait.
Fab! Piccies please :P
Jillygumbo
Supreme Being

Post by Jillygumbo » Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:37 pm

Saw these on FB - lovely job. Well jell!
Jillygumbo, Tonto & Ruca
The night conceals the world, but reveals the universe!
Bibbybongo
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by Bibbybongo » Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:04 pm

Hi peeps
Newbie on forum. Hoping to have elevated roof put onto tintop. Anyone out there got pics of a Skyline roof fitted onto a Bongo please or links on where to find one. Mucho gracias.☺
Billybongo123
Bongolier

Post by Billybongo123 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:36 pm

I have a Bongo aft van im breaking, and only using the engine and box out of if that's any use lol..
We love our rusty Bongo "Billy", despite his many faults!

Return to “Campervan Conversions in Bongos”