Intermittent tap problem

Questions & answers about kitchen units, stoves, fridges, heaters, water tanks, seats, mattresses etc etc.

Moderator: Doone

Shaun_E
Bongonaut

Intermittent tap problem

Post by Shaun_E » Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:13 pm

We have a single Reich "De-Luxe" tap in the van with a Whale submersible pump. Recently, operation has become intermittent. We can hear the microswitch click as we turn the tap but the pump doesn't always operate. After trying a few times it then normally starts working again.

Any ideas whether the problem is likely to be the tap, the pump or something else (the pipe maybe)?
Jimbobvfr400
Bongolier

Re: Intermittent tap problem

Post by Jimbobvfr400 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:18 pm

It's a guess but I'd say pump or wiring but I'd start by testing the switch.
Jamie, Caroline and the kids.
2002 V6 Aero AFT
dblake
Bongolier

Post by dblake » Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:31 pm

I had the same issue, intermittent working gradually getting worse. Had a bit of a try at ruling out the various parts by a process of elimination. My power is via a 12v socket in the back so tried that with my powered cool box to prove i had current. Checked the pump by disconnecting the tap and powering it directly from the conections on the electrical block that joined everything together. Quickly realised the tap was at fault despite the microswitch click. Sealed unit so just bought a new one for £13 off eBay, fitted, and I can now reliability fill my kettle again :D
Shaun_E
Bongonaut

Post by Shaun_E » Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:03 am

Thanks for the replies. The tap does seem the most likely culprit. Oddly, it worked OK most of the time this weekend but if it gets worse again I'll replace the tap.
Cheers,
Shaun

Return to “Campervan Conversions in Bongos”