Blown Air Heating into a Bongo with a Full Side Conversion.

Questions & answers about kitchen units, stoves, fridges, heaters, water tanks, seats, mattresses etc etc.

Moderator: Doone

Lewiejack
Apprentice Bongonaut

Blown Air Heating into a Bongo with a Full Side Conversion.

Post by Lewiejack » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:02 pm

Hello, Im looking to have either a Propex heater, or a diesel heating unit such as the Eberspatcher or MV Airo 2 V fitted into my 2001 Mazda Bongo Friendee.

My question is... is there anyone on here who can professionally supply and fit the unit - or i can supply but i would need the fitting service. I'm in the North East but I can travel further afield. Thanks in advance. Any recommendations please?
petejleonard
Bongonaut

Re: Blown Air Heating into a Bongo with a Full Side Conversion.

Post by petejleonard » Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:09 pm

Hi mate, did you get anywhere with this? Looking into the same thing myself. Was looking at the HS2000. They also do a unit designed to fit externally underfloor which would save storage space. Though I'm not sure there is room for it under a Bongo.

Hopefully someone on here has done this previously.
Bongolia
Supreme Being

Re: Blown Air Heating into a Bongo with a Full Side Conversion.

Post by Bongolia » Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:48 pm

Have a search through the site . There are several installation positions on here somewhere, I remember one was from Simon Jones who fitted it into the cavity left when the rear heater was removed and another that utilised the space on the nearside of the engine bay to fit it.
That installation required less effort and obviated the need to seal off the AC pipes and had a number of images.
Intake cabin air came from the front foot well and heat outlet was into the sliding door foot step, rather a neat install I thought.
However a Propex differs from the Eberspacher in that the ducts on the Eberspacher are fore and aft and the Propex is side by side.
There are other installs that mount in cupboards and so forth but would of course utilise valuable interior space.
Keep us posted on your installs and good luck.

Return to “Campervan Conversions in Bongos”