Sky lift roof colour options

Questions & answers about kitchen units, stoves, fridges, heaters, water tanks, seats, mattresses etc etc.

Moderator: Doone

Mondo
Apprentice Bongonaut

Sky lift roof colour options

Post by Mondo » Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:19 am

Hi, we have just bought a bongo from JAL and are having a Sky lift roof fitted soon. We are trying to decide on the colour to the sides of the tent and have seen a few photos of lime green and purple ones. However, has anyone got experience of any other colours that work well or any colours to avoid? Our bongo is white btw. Thanks. :D
Bob
Supreme Being

Re: Sky lift roof colour options

Post by Bob » Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:03 pm

Hi, warm welcome to BF. :D

Likely the green and purple you've seen are the standard Mazda colours on the factory AFTs.

Green is the most common, its seen as lucky in Japan, and a lot of white Bongos have the purple one.

With a white motor I recon pretty much any colour you fancy would go well with it, I'd just avoid anything outrageous to preserve re-sale value. :wink:
briwy
Supreme Being

Post by briwy » Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:12 pm

One thing to think about is how well you sleep. We had white (which makes it nice and bright in the day) on our Mushroom roof but as I find it almost impossible to sleep unless it's dark we never actually slept upstairs.
Mondo
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by Mondo » Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:05 pm

Thanks both for the replies and the really useful tips, gives us something to think about. Hopefully we will make the right decision! [-o<
Jillygumbo
Supreme Being

Post by Jillygumbo » Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:44 pm

I didn't get the option of a colour for the roof tent (Skylift), so assumed there was no choice but silver (van is silver).
Jillygumbo, Tonto & Ruca
The night conceals the world, but reveals the universe!
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:13 pm

Jillygumbo wrote:I didn't get the option of a colour for the roof tent (Skylift), so assumed there was no choice but silver (van is silver).
I think silver is the best choice anyway, for reflecting heat from the sun, and it should look great with a white Bongo. :-)

Return to “Campervan Conversions in Bongos”