Conversion advice

Questions & answers about kitchen units, stoves, fridges, heaters, water tanks, seats, mattresses etc etc.

Moderator: Doone

Mike_Howles
Apprentice Bongonaut

Conversion advice

Post by Mike_Howles » Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:09 am

Hi folks

It does look more like we are going the Bongo rute now. We drove one yesterday, OMG what a shed but at least we know what they are like as far as layout etc is concerned and we think it will suit us.

We are going to do the conversion ourselves and like the Outback rear kit from Northstar as this is a removeable unit that will allow us 4 seats and a decent bed area.

The only question I have is regarding the middle seat set that is turned around using this set up.

Will the seat still slide? Alternatively I would need to get the swivel seat option fitted as well.

Thanks

Mike
kingbillybongo
Bongolier

Re: Conversion advice

Post by kingbillybongo » Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:35 am

I have a rear conversion with middle seats turned to face rear,and yes it still slides back and fwd.i slide mine towards the rear and lower the seat back to create part of the bed using rear seating to make a full width bed with a self inflating camping mat as a matress topper to smoothe out the bumps.
Hope this helps. :D
[color=#0000BF]billybongofreedom[/color]
Simon Jones
Supreme Being

Re: Conversion advice

Post by Simon Jones » Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:20 pm

If you are referring to the Northstar swivelling seat, it should slide either way round as the base remains the same way round. However, if you get a standard seat and just unbolt it flip it other way round and bolt it back in place, then it won't slide. If you intend to use it either way round there is a mod you can do to one of the runners to back it lock and unlock. Most people tend to reverse the seat permanently will unbolt the tracks from the floor such that the whole lot is reversed.

Return to “Campervan Conversions in Bongos”