Does Nobdy want To Sell A Conversion???

Questions & answers about kitchen units, stoves, fridges, heaters, water tanks, seats, mattresses etc etc.

Moderator: Doone

Jim the Box
Tribal Elder

Re: Does Nobdy want To Sell A Conversion???

Post by Jim the Box » Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:38 pm

Likewise had not heard of a slim back conversion, they may be quite rare in the 2nd hand market, there are one or 2 of the slimline side conversion for sale on this forum which gives you the extra wide r&r bed.
"Today's rain is tomorrow's Whisky"
Mark Elvin
Tribal Elder

Post by Mark Elvin » Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:19 am

Well, out of all of the various companies we managed/tried to contact, we had the best (pretty much the only response) response from Tranzwagon, so based on that & the fact that the scribe lines on their units looked to be nice & tight to the van interior profile we've placed an order.

Jake at Tranzwagon has been super helpful & patient to my many & varied requests form my initial contact, right trough to point of order.
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:37 am

To be fair this will be a very busy time of year for dealers selling their own conversions, but glad you're sorted.

Sounds ideal. =D>
Mark Elvin
Tribal Elder

Post by Mark Elvin » Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:47 am

Bob wrote:To be fair this will be a very busy time of year for dealers selling their own conversions, but glad you're sorted.

Sounds ideal. =D>
Being busy, IMHO is no excuse for not returning calls.
Dodgey
Supreme Being

Post by Dodgey » Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:14 am

I did a solar installation (have a look on www.solarcampersolutions.co.uk on the VW section, very happy with it, on a tin-top) on a VW the other day and the chap told me that he rang around everywhere to get various bits done, including having a £4k Remo pop top installed and a £1200 awning fitted. None of the places he called would undertake any work in the summer that does not include a full conversion.

In other words, if it's not a big job , it can wait till winter because they are fully booked doing full conversions.

On a side note, of all the Bongos I've seen, and I've seen a few, Celtic conversions are by FAR and away the highest quality and have the best attention to detail. They are so well built it's a bit of a nightmare running cables behind the units! They also seem to make a fair job of the electrics, which can't be said of the vast majority of conversions I see. It's like they enjoy doing the carpentry but give up with the electrics. Odd.
http://www.solarcampersolutions.co.uk Solar panel solutions for campervans
alan
Supreme Being

Post by alan » Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:16 pm

[quote="Mark Elvin"]We are trying to get a slimback conversion for our Bongo.

So far we've tried JAL, Northstar, Clearcut & Trazwagon.

JAL aren't interested, say they won't be making any supply only units until September, Northstar & Clearcut don't reply to e-mails or return calls.

So far only Tranzwagon have replied, but they don't think they can make a slimback. :([/quo
I know you said you try clearcutt there are flat out with work we just got our van back from them all I can say is keep trying them email or text I found works well for us but you got to keep ring etc tell there pick up
take it easy drive a bongo
mgarvey
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by mgarvey » Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:36 am

I appreciate you've solved your own problem but we had a similar situation in that we wanted the hob, sink and fridge but also wanted 7 proper seats.

So, 321away are doing us an adapted mid conversion where the sink, hob and fridge are arranged like a side conversion but we are doing away with the rearmost cupboards and having a full-width rear seat instead (with a rear-facing 2/3 width seat at the front). This means we will have 7 seats and side kitchen, and won't have anything behind the rear seats. Limits our storage space but we've ordered underseat drawers and we can always get a roofbox for the longer holidays.

Haven't actually seen the finished van yet, but we reckon it will be a good balance of seats vs storage.
moe
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by moe » Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:29 am

mgarvey wrote:I appreciate you've solved your own problem but we had a similar situation in that we wanted the hob, sink and fridge but also wanted 7 proper seats.

So, 321away are doing us an adapted mid conversion where the sink, hob and fridge are arranged like a side conversion but we are doing away with the rearmost cupboards and having a full-width rear seat instead (with a rear-facing 2/3 width seat at the front). This means we will have 7 seats and side kitchen, and won't have anything behind the rear seats. Limits our storage space but we've ordered underseat drawers and we can always get a roofbox for the longer holidays.

Haven't actually seen the finished van yet, but we reckon it will be a good balance of seats vs storage.
That's exactly what we are looking for! How much does it cost if you don't mind me asking?
mgarvey
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by mgarvey » Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:18 pm

I've given more details via PM but it is basically the same price as the rear conversion.
Tuftytowers
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by Tuftytowers » Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:30 am

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261068805457? ... EBIDX%3AIT

Hi mark I think this is what your after its on ebay,,, I have spoken to clearcut conversions only this week and found them very helpful,, give the a second chance perhaps the email failed to get to them.

Hope this helps

Happy looking
schmoo_smith
Junior Bongonaut

Post by schmoo_smith » Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:21 pm

I'm selling a Tranzwagon Mazda Bongo compact end kitchen. Located in Devizes. PM me for details.

Return to “Campervan Conversions in Bongos”