Roof cover

Questions & answers about kitchen units, stoves, fridges, heaters, water tanks, seats, mattresses etc etc.

Moderator: Doone

Mat & Kat
Junior Bongonaut

Roof cover

Post by Mat & Kat » Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:28 pm

Hi all,
Thought I'd share some pics of our new roof cover that just arrived. We needed a mattress for our new bongo and found a site that was doing this "roof topper" with a free mattress. Since we plan to use it in the winter and had heard about cold tents, we figured that was a good option to help keep the kids warm and protect the original tent.

I went to our local park to try it out, it's a nice bit of kit, fairly heavyweight material with windows all around including the top, which I had to ask for (but they happily obliged). They've apparently been doing VW roof covers for ages but this is only the second one they've done for a bongo facelift model so they asked me to check the measurements before making it.

It took me exactly ten minutes to put it up on my own and I'll easily halve that next time. Throwing it over the top and getting it in position is the hardest bit to do with only one pair of hands but then you just lift the roof and hook it on. Getting it down isn't even worth mentioning.

I can't comment on how well it keeps the heat in and the rain out yet, or if it stays put in light winds (it says not to be used in very high winds). I'll post back here when I know more though...

Image Image Image ImageImage

Oh yeah, it cost £249 including the free mattress. Here's the site: http://www.comfortzleisure.co.uk/#/bong ... 4578121777

Mat

Return to “Campervan Conversions in Bongos”