Beautiful Interiors

Questions & answers about kitchen units, stoves, fridges, heaters, water tanks, seats, mattresses etc etc.

Moderator: Doone

vj3
Bongonaut

Beautiful Interiors

Post by vj3 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:54 pm

Second post

Has anyone made a real effort with the interior? not just the conversion, but accessories, cushions, blankets etc?

i am just sourcing stuff for mine. just ordered some customised bunting. just looking for a good quilt cover and possibly a table cloth

if anyone has any good photos, would love to see them.. if you google vintage campervan interiors they are all vw's.

Need to create some cool bongo style

vicki :?:
alimey
Bongolier

Re: Beautiful Interiors

Post by alimey » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:25 pm

I've kept mine fairly minimalist deliberately - I'm seeking a sleek rather than retro look. I do have a couple of black & white union jack cushions and a nice blanket though. My focus is on fantastic gadgets that are very useful & don't take up too much room.

Here are what I have added so far:

Turtle mat - nice and comfy under your feet, keeps the place clean, goes in the washing machine

Folding kettle - so lovely (shame it doesn't whistle)

Candle lantern - for adding atmosphere inside or out

Heated blanket (and extension lead so I can wrap it round myself outside)

Tefal Ingenio non-stick saucepans - the handle is removeable and they have plastic lids - they fit inside each other

A small folding footstool that you can put a tabletop on - can be used inside or out

A pop up storage tent - probably the single best thing I take - just unload stuff you don't want in the van - acts as a placeholder if you leave the site too. Am thinking about a Quecha Base Seconds for more than overnight camping

If I had vast amounts of money I would consider re-covering all the seats/bed with leather . . .
vj3
Bongonaut

Post by vj3 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:50 pm

love the elec blanket idea

i have a lovely reto crocheted blanket, made by my mother, i have my old camping stuff, and am looking for a good rug.

i also want a folding table, and a kath kidston style table cloth.

i want to haves real mugs and glasses as i don't likes plastic or metal ones

v
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Post by Muzorewa » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:33 pm

aliwarbo
Bongonaut

Post by aliwarbo » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:30 pm

Ooh I love the electric blanket idea as well, and the handmade blanket sounds fab. I have bunting permanently strung along the non-sliding side, and some lovely cushions which I find are essential to get comfy when sitting on bench seats. However it is very easy to get carried away and there's not a lot of room really (as my husband is always reminding me!) so I would see how you go with just a few bits and pieces. Our Bongo duvet cover is a cheap one from Ikea, but it's a lovely Cath Kidston style print and looks a lot more expensive than it was! Enjoy, one of the best parts of Bongoing for me was the kitting it out :D
vj3
Bongonaut

Post by vj3 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:28 am

aliwarbo wrote:Ooh I love the electric blanket idea as well, and the handmade blanket sounds fab. I have bunting permanently strung along the non-sliding side, and some lovely cushions which I find are essential to get comfy when sitting on bench seats. However it is very easy to get carried away and there's not a lot of room really (as my husband is always reminding me!) so I would see how you go with just a few bits and pieces. Our Bongo duvet cover is a cheap one from Ikea, but it's a lovely Cath Kidston style print and looks a lot more expensive than it was! Enjoy, one of the best parts of Bongoing for me was the kitting it out :D

you are so right !

i am loving kitting mine out. a friend has just been given a 1976 immaculate vw camper, and we are having fun comparing notes and making lists, shopping and comparing notes. my bunting is up in the van and looks fab.

i may get some fairy lights too.

v
vj3
Bongonaut

Post by vj3 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:29 am

aliwarbo wrote:Ooh I love the electric blanket idea as well, and the handmade blanket sounds fab. I have bunting permanently strung along the non-sliding side, and some lovely cushions which I find are essential to get comfy when sitting on bench seats. However it is very easy to get carried away and there's not a lot of room really (as my husband is always reminding me!) so I would see how you go with just a few bits and pieces. Our Bongo duvet cover is a cheap one from Ikea, but it's a lovely Cath Kidston style print and looks a lot more expensive than it was! Enjoy, one of the best parts of Bongoing for me was the kitting it out :D

check out my bunting, under a post 'bongo bunting'

v
bongo frenzee
Bongolier

Post by bongo frenzee » Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:55 pm

I've got some groovy stuff for Boris: IKEA multi-coloured flowery cushions, a lime green fleece blanket, other lime green cutlery/utensils for the kitchen, turquoise plastic plates, owl bunting and multi-coloured solar fairy lights! He has purple cushions on the rock n roll bed so it's truly psychedelic inside!

This pic is when I'd just got Boris so just shows the cushions etc.
Living for the weekends...

CUIDADO! VEICULO BONGO!
vj3
Bongonaut

Post by vj3 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:08 pm

bongo frenzee wrote:I've got some groovy stuff for Boris: IKEA multi-coloured flowery cushions, a lime green fleece blanket, other lime green cutlery/utensils for the kitchen, turquoise plastic plates, owl bunting and multi-coloured solar fairy lights! He has purple cushions on the rock n roll bed so it's truly psychedelic inside!

This pic is when I'd just got Boris so just shows the cushions etc.

gorgeous

mine is quite similar.

where did you get solar fairy lights from?

i cannot decide on a name for mine.
i have just bought a mini wok from morrisons, really versatile, and only £4 !

v
bongo frenzee
Bongolier

Post by bongo frenzee » Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:15 pm

vj3 wrote:where did you get solar fairy lights from?v
These were the lights I bought: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B002TQWC1I/r ... 51_3p_dp_1 - haven't actually used them out camping yet as got them recently, but have tried them out and they look lovely. Good quality solar panel too.
Living for the weekends...

CUIDADO! VEICULO BONGO!
vj3
Bongonaut

Post by vj3 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:19 pm

bongo frenzee wrote:
vj3 wrote:where did you get solar fairy lights from?v
These were the lights I bought: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B002TQWC1I/r ... 51_3p_dp_1 - haven't actually used them out camping yet as got them recently, but have tried them out and they look lovely. Good quality solar panel too.

may have to invest in some of those.

any more tips? we bought our van in september and have not used it for a break yet!!! am chomping at the bit to get away.
aitch
Supreme Being

Post by aitch » Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:52 pm

Just pack up and go for a one night to "try it out" you don't want to take too much excess and you need to see what you want and need on a few trips away - then try again with less stuff that you don't really use.
Be nice to everyone they might be nice back.

Come to the dark side we have chocolate dark chocolate
delilah
Bongonaut

Post by delilah » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:31 pm

Im just finishing my newly acquired bongo. 'Bunty' has hand made seaside inspired bunting. Tailor made pockety organizers behind front seats etc. I recovered the rock and roll bed with Jumbo corduroy, with pirate and seashell cushions. I want to feel like Im at the beach before I even drive anywhere. I am awaiting delivery of a very nice alpaca blanket, lightweight and warm, so hopefully wont need duvet in the welsh summer . Ive yet to learn how to upload photos to here as too many pixies, when i have I will. One of the cupboard doors was missing when I bought her, so made a curtain, and now thinking of removing other doors as they take up so much room where as a curtain can just be pushed to the side. I think the important thing is to do your own thing so it feels like your space. I found some cloth drawer organisers on ebay for socks etc, but they are perfect for filling with teabags, coffee/sugar sachets, cup a soup. etc etc. light weight to. I too want some solar lights.
I hate being bi-polar, its brilliant!
vj3
Bongonaut

Post by vj3 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:10 pm

looking forward to the pics

xxxxxxx
vj3
Bongonaut

Post by vj3 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:15 pm

i have bought a folding bucket too, to catch water from the sink, works fine and saves the space of the big black water catcher, got a lovely 'bed spread' that rolls up small from ikea, and loads of other bits and bobs.

just need the weather to change. where is spring. will put some photos up soon.

we have a big trip to lake comoin the summer through germany and austria. have book a few sites, just undecided on one in austria

bring it on

v

Return to “Campervan Conversions in Bongos”