Show us yer insides

Questions & answers about kitchen units, stoves, fridges, heaters, water tanks, seats, mattresses etc etc.

Moderator: Doone

larry787
Junior Bongonaut

Re: Show us yer insides

Post by larry787 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:05 am

we have only had our bongo a couple of months and had a couple of weekends away so far but love it and we are going to the bash just to nose at other peoples vans to se what we want to do with ours but we have the original mazda kitchen unit which im told is rare so might just keep it original.
trxbloke
Junior Bongonaut

Post by trxbloke » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:42 pm

Here is a link to my web page http://www.trxbloke.webspace.virginmedi ... Bongo.html showing the design and building of my Bongo. Seats now have cupboards built in to their frames as well.
It works well, but the limited clothing storage is an issue at times, and the limited headroom at the back is aggravating my back condition, so we are trading up to an Autosleeper.
This Bongo will stay with us for this season, but will be up for sale at some point soon. It is a shame as I put the last of my energy into making it. My back is too bad now to do that again.
It has a Fiamma F45s wind out awning as well.
digitalgypsy
Bongolier

Post by digitalgypsy » Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:20 pm

Thought it was about time I posted some photos of 'Bongi', my faithful friend! Full conversion by NMA Cars plus tons of help from members on here over the years. Shout outs and thanks to Dodgey for fitting one of his solar panels, Simon Jones for help reversing the old bench seat and stilldesperate for a heap of work and Nick @ Comfortz Leisure for the R&R bed cushions plus reupholstered front seats.

I also fitted an inverter recently. Very last thing is some custom curtains!
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:19 pm

Mmmm that looks good. That's an A-Team of helpers too!
Simon Jones
Supreme Being

Post by Simon Jones » Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:25 am

Wow that looks really smart and lots of storage too. Big improvement on the old setup.
Douglas
Junior Bongonaut

Post by Douglas » Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:47 pm

We looked long and hard at the Lulworth from Imperial but in the end went for their Moonfleet, because the enclosed windows at the rear of the Lulworth made it fee claustrophobic. The Moonfleet has carpet, and the Lulworth a solid floor. Carpet feels more luxurious but I've had to cover it in plastic to keep off muddy feet marks. The rear seats in both are manufacturer's original but recovered, so they are safe. They are comfortable as a bed if you prefer a firm mattress but the foot end is quite narrow and overall it's short for a six-footer, so we are looking at extending the bed extension they provide. It would be better if that extension fixed more securely too. Overall though, the Bongo experience is fun and after all it's not a 4 star hotel!
Mark Elvin
Tribal Elder

Post by Mark Elvin » Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:39 pm

Interior retrimmed ourselves.....

Tranzwagon rear kitchen

Overhead lockers with LED lighting (pictured pre re-trim)

philpdr
Tribal Elder

Post by philpdr » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:22 pm

Nice job on the seats.
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:10 pm

Hi
Any pictures of the seats folded into sleeping position with the rear conversion?
Cheers
Helen
In the beginning there was nothing , then God said "Let there be Light".....There was still nothing , but ,by crikey, you could see it better.
Dr Fingers
Supreme Being

Post by Dr Fingers » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:32 am

ditto, please..seriously looking at this rear conversion as well.

Derek
mikexgough
Supreme Being

Post by mikexgough » Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:11 am

Here is my new conversion......
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B45_ZF ... sp=sharing

SPD Campers did the furniture and I fitted it out to my spec's..... table can also be used outside when rear hatch is open....happy dayz
Conversant with Bongo Top Pinion Oil Seals

Bongo owning Velotech Cycle Mechanic
spawnedc
Junior Bongonaut

Post by spawnedc » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:12 pm

Here's my DIY conversion: https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/1114 ... OWe6_H--wE

Still in progress, but hey, it's something :)
nicxf
Bongolier

Post by nicxf » Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:12 pm

Cross-posting the link to mine as I think this thread is a great idea - I have looked at it many times before deciding what to do!
http://igmaynard.co.uk/bongo/forum/view ... 47&t=70366 - conversion to accommodate a very big mobility scooter...
AndyS95
Bongonaut

Post by AndyS95 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:39 pm

This is a great thread - I love looking in the insides of Bongos!

Thought I would post mine, it's a 123 Away rear conversion with a full side storage / sofa. It also came with a single rock n roll bed that wasn't fitted. Decided not to use it in the end as it seriously encroached into the sliding door space. I'll be whacking it up for sale at some stage.

In the end I made up some slats and 2 side support posts. The short one has 3 holes drilled in the back so that it sits on the exposed bolts from where the back seat would have been hinged. Then the longer one fits over the last remaining bolt and goes into a clamp that sits on the door grab rail. We can then take slats out to create extra (static) seating if required. It works perfectly for the 2 of us, the bench provides really good storage. Obvious limitations when carrying passengers, we have had 2 travel in the back but it's not ideal.

helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:54 pm

Hi
That's very nice indeed...in fact I'd say that's one of the best yet, if not THE best!
Cheers
Helen
In the beginning there was nothing , then God said "Let there be Light".....There was still nothing , but ,by crikey, you could see it better.

Return to “Campervan Conversions in Bongos”