Pop up roof or hightop roof

Questions & answers about kitchen units, stoves, fridges, heaters, water tanks, seats, mattresses etc etc.

Moderator: Doone

paw3
Apprentice Bongonaut

Pop up roof or hightop roof

Post by paw3 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:22 pm

Hi all have had my bongo 02 plate 2 l petrol a few years now and need a pop top or even a high top and fitted as daughter getting bigger this bongo does everything I want & user friendly for my disabilities.any help please ps camping with you at tough northerners. Peter
Bob
Supreme Being

Re: Pop up roof or hightop roof

Post by Bob » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:58 pm

You will get all the help you need at Tough Northerners, just ask for what you need. 8)

Regarding your choice of roof I'd take a look at some different ones and see what will suit your needs best before spending your £££.

New Dawn Conversions do a fantastic fixed high top so it may be worth a visit to thier yard, or e mail and see if Den is visiting a meet near you. :D

Trust me, Bongonaughts will talk Bongos and conversions/add ons until well after the pub shuts. :lol:
Alcohol won't solve your problems, but neither will milk.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hcF9JSxkUSE
paw3
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by paw3 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:11 pm

Ok thank look forward to seeing you all
Jillygumbo
Supreme Being

Post by Jillygumbo » Wed May 01, 2019 5:25 pm

If you go to the Big Bash at Stourport, look me up: Tonto and Jillygumbo. I have a silver (Tonto!) bongo with one of Den's Drivelodge fixed hi tops. I had it fitted on 12 February this year and I've been away every weekend since, plus some!

I used to have a JAL Skylift manual roof, but didn't get on with it. Had that for 3 years until the pennies added up!

I'm more than happy to show you around.

Also going to St Davids in a couple of weeks.

Jill
Jillygumbo, Tonto & Ruca
The night conceals the world, but reveals the universe!
Roots81
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by Roots81 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:39 pm

hello, spoke with Drivelodge in Keighley today ,enquiring about their hi top fixed, would it be the same as yours? Does it have enough light? I have just posted about my JAL manual roof - 2 silly small locks on the outside, temperamental and driving me crazy (not sure if it is a Skylift, just regular pop up), so am looking for alternatives...sounds like you like your hi top??