hello all, roll call

For Bongo owners both north and south (and east and west) of the island.

Moderators: Bongoplod, Ian

dara

hello all, roll call

Post by dara » Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:07 pm

Bongoireland :mrgreen:

what about a roll call?......Who's here?

I'm dara

black bongolow

Co. Down

dara :lol:
Ian
Supreme Being

Post by Ian » Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:40 am

Dara. Thanks for getting this going. I didn't think anyone was there....
668. The Neighbour of The Beast.
AndAndDen
Supreme Being

Post by AndAndDen » Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:44 pm

Welcome Dara to Bongo land.Do you see many Bongo's where you are ?.
mellyarnold

hello all

Post by mellyarnold » Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:05 pm

a thousand welcomes dara (i cant spell it the irishway)

were coming over in the summer in our bongo for a 2 week trip, any recommendations??? will prob sail to Dublin unless you can advise any other ports that open up more options??

maybe our bongo paths will cross, who knows :D :D
dara

Post by dara » Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:50 pm

:shock: there's someone here, well close enough for now.

ANDANDEN
I'm afraid i've never seen another bongo in this country. Though my wife has ... N***AAW same as ours but with extra height.about a month ago
I bought the first one I clapped eyes on.
we've had it since late october

Saw one in Whitehaven, Cumbria at christmas though :P
then another in Scotland close to Newtown stewart :P

Still a cause for great excitement when we see one

MELLYARNOLD stranraer/troon to belfast is another option visit the lakes and SW Scotland on your way and arrive in the unspoilt north .
I think swansea ---cork is another option

dara
Muvwitch

Post by Muvwitch » Sun Jan 28, 2007 4:38 pm

Hi dara Good to hear from you. Some years ago we went from Stranraer
to Larne and drove to Bushmills on that magnificent corniche. Such beauty we could not believe, and Ireland is definitely greener than
here. And what a welcome! Hope to camp over there some day.
The weather was beautiful not much rain at all ! (1991)
the janner vanner
Supreme Being

Post by the janner vanner » Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:43 pm

Cead Mile Failte {can't do the dash above the e's and i's}

Hello Dara, the last time we were in good ole Ireland, last October 12 months, we travelled from Wexford to the Ring of Kerry, then onto Dublin, to Donegal, then back to Wexford. I did see one other Bongo, we parked next to it on the ferry back to Wales.

We hope to see many more when we return[/img]
Last edited by the janner vanner on Sat May 19, 2007 6:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Janner Vanner
barleytwist1

Hi Dara

Post by barleytwist1 » Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:25 am

We are retiring to Co Leitrim this summer, can you confirm the road tax for our Bongo? See you there! Tony
Tur80

Post by Tur80 » Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:53 pm

There's a white Bongo I've seen a few times around Frosses and Glenties in Co. Donegal. I'll have to get some more details next time I'm there............. if I see it!
sean_b

Post by sean_b » Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:32 pm

hi, sean b here, lisburn , co down, with a aft bongo.

i travel loads in mine as i kite surf all over the country. seen a couple in donegal and know some guy in fermanagh has 1.

i always @ a beach somewhere, if u see me say hi.
Bongopatrol

Post by Bongopatrol » Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:33 am

Hi all Nth & Sth Bongoers,
I'm from Ballyclare Co,Antrim white AFT.
I'm on the road alot with work and have seen quite a few about Bangor,Portrush,Ballycastle,Fermanagh.

Hey sean_b I have just bought my first kite and landboard so may see you on the beach some of these days I,l be the guy who doesn't know what hes doing.I used to have a boat for wake boarding but sold it to buy the Bongo so kiting is my new found sport.
veefour
Bongonaut

Post by veefour » Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:58 pm

Hi all N+S
Looks like there's enough for a Bongo bash Ireland 2007.Some where between Dublin and Belfast? What do you think?
veefour
Dublin based.
96 SGL5 White AFT
trekie

Post by trekie » Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:04 am

Hi to our Irish bongoliers. Planning to do some touring around N.Ireland in July with my daughter and wondering if you can recommend any campsites. We'll be travelling in the bongo across from Liverpool to Belfast on the ferry. We plan to go up to Giants Causeway/Portrush area for a couple of days. Then down to stop off in Co. Down to visit my family in Newry. Moving along to the Dublin area. Need sites with electric hook-ups that will accomadate 2 night stays. Would be grateful if you can pass on any info........oh and you decide to have a bongo bash while we're there , all the better :D :D

Jan
veefour
Bongonaut

Post by veefour » Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:36 pm

Hi Jan.There are only 2 sites near Dublin and it depends on what your priority's are.Camac Valley is 4 star so is the best to go to.It's popular so book in advance.You could travel by bus into the city from here.North Beach is 2 star and further from the city.Its easier to get a pitch and its near a beach :D Check out http://www.camping-ireland.ie/dublin/dublin.html for more info. Would 2 bongo's count as a Bongo bash :?:
sparkman

bongo in hillsborough

Post by sparkman » Mon May 21, 2007 9:51 pm

Hello everyone, look out for a new maroon over silver beautiful bongo cruising the streets of Hillsborough and out to the far west from this Wednesday(23rd May)

Return to “Ireland”