Bongos hired in Ireland maybe on tv

For Bongo owners both north and south (and east and west) of the island.

Moderators: Bongoplod, Ian

the laird
Supreme Being

Bongos hired in Ireland maybe on tv

Post by the laird » Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:12 pm

Hi guys,there was a post to hire a bongo in Ireland,spoke to the person involved and through the fury forum she managed to get one .i then asked what were they filming ? My reply was its about a cycling programme or film for tv and the actor loves bongos and as he's camping his request was for a bongo to camp in.so we will have to watch this space and see if the bongo appears on tv.she thanked the forum because had it not been for the forum they were toiling to get the bongo ,so well done forum again
ELZE
Supreme Being

Re: Bongos hired in Ireland maybe on tv

Post by ELZE » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:05 pm

Fame at last eh? =D> =D>
A Bongo is for life, not just for Christmas
llitvack
Bongolier

Post by llitvack » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:39 pm

It's my Bongo that they will be using this coming weekend. I will provide details after filming. I can reveal that the presenter is Michael Smiley. See http://m.imdb.com/name/nm0806968/

Cheers from Leon
the laird
Supreme Being

Post by the laird » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:53 pm

Glad you could help them out ,the girli spoke with had said had it not been for bongo fury she would not have managed to get a bongo .well done matey
llitvack
Bongolier

Post by llitvack » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:30 am

Well, a lovely weekend was had by all. The weather cooperated, and the campsite (The Shepherd's Rest) was terrific.

The footage they shot will form a portion of a three-part series, presented by Michael Smiley, who likes a bit of cycling and a bit of camping! Michael is also looking to purchase a Bongo himself (he's lurking on the Forum somewhere), so it's good advertising for the vehicle.

In the programme he will be seen cycling into the campsite, introducing viewers to the van and speaking about the Bongo's features, talking to locals, and generally enjoying himself in the van we love!

If you're ever in the area of Draperstown (smack in the middle of Northern Ireland), you should check out this campsite:

http://www.shepherdsrestpub.com/

The owner is Colin Doyle, who is a lovely chap. The costs are also quite reasonable: £5 per person per night, £5 for the van, and another £5 for hookup. Washer and dryer are free, as are the shower, onsite fridge, and electric cooker & oven. There's also a nice wee cottage, with an open fire, table and chairs, for campers to warm themselves of an evening. The adjoining pub is also very good, and the craic is powerful!

The programme will be transmitted in May, possibly to coincide with the start of the Giro D'Italia -- in Belfast (of all places!).
Northern Bongolow
Supreme Being

Post by Northern Bongolow » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:18 pm

well done leon, hope the bongo was on its best behaviour. :shock: :wink:
llitvack
Bongolier

Post by llitvack » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:23 pm

It behaved beautifully, Ady! :D
Northern Bongolow
Supreme Being

Post by Northern Bongolow » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:26 pm

8) 8)
Northern Bongolow
Supreme Being

Post by Northern Bongolow » Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:53 pm

just watching dig ww2 with dan snow on tele tonight, the history of northern Ireland and the very important part it played in the war------------------and you were on, you really are getting the glory eh mate.

noted you were chatting with him in a bar 8) .
llitvack
Bongolier

Post by llitvack » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:55 am

I do get around, Ady...

Return to “Ireland”