Info on traders in Northern and Southern Ireland

For Bongo owners both north and south (and east and west) of the island.

Moderators: Bongoplod, Ian

JudgeFoozle
Junior Bongonaut

Info on traders in Northern and Southern Ireland

Post by JudgeFoozle » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:45 pm

Hello all,

The Bongo supply here in Ireland is limited compared to the UK but my search continues...

I'm just wondering if anyone in UK or Ireland has had any dealings with the following sellers - you may recognise the area or phone number:

N.I.
Lisbellaw, Fermanagh BT94, UK
http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/campers/4801047
I've done basic google searches and he/she sells cars and vans. No warnings that I can find, but personal experiences (good or bad) are very welcome.

R.o.I
And in County Galway
http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/campers/4700829
This guy has sold about 6 Bongo's in the past 10 months - again, any personal experiences or info appreciated!

I know it's a long shot but if you know of either person let me know!

Thanks.
JudgeFoozle
Junior Bongonaut

Re: Info on traders in Northern and Southern Ireland

Post by JudgeFoozle » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:18 pm

(tumbleweed... :) )

Obviously not many Irish people using this forum - but can anyone else help as regards that UK reg bongo I linked to? Look familiar to anyone?

Any good free online reg checkers? tried autotrader.co.uk but not much to be seen there. It does say it's 1996, as opposed to the sellers 1997 claim.

Thanks.
Simon Jones
Supreme Being

Post by Simon Jones » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:40 pm

While it's possible the blue one is a '97 model with an N reg plate, it's more likely to mean the vehicle was registered between August 1995 – July 1996. Otherwise, doesnt look too bad. The silver one has a bash in the side and rust on the bonnet which doesn't bode well. Unless you're on a mega tight budget, it would be worth looking for vans that are a bit newer and due to the lack of choice in Ireland, you may have to venture over here to get something better.
teenmal
Supreme Being

Post by teenmal » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:16 pm

Hi JudgeFoozle,I would have a better look at the details for N276NCW that number seems to be a bit elusive on the databases.
JudgeFoozle
Junior Bongonaut

Post by JudgeFoozle » Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:31 pm

Thanks Simon and Teenmal,

There are some nice ones up for sale on the Bongofury marketplace - I know from experience bringing other cars in from UK that it adds an extra 600euro minimum to the price, and that's when you know what you're buying, not if you're checking out a few different options.

I do have a UK trip planned in August as it is, will be keeping an eye out - that'll be most of the summer gone though!

Teenmal, any place you can recommend for "a better look" at details?

Return to “Ireland”