Fitted rear seat covers

All about modifications, shiny alloys, chrome wheel nuts & mirrors, body skirts and much more!

Moderator: Ian

NuBongo
Apprentice Bongonaut

Fitted rear seat covers

Post by NuBongo » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:21 am

Hi, I'm a new member having just bought my first Bongo this month. :D
It's in pristine condition inside and I want to try and keep it that way - but with 2 small children in the back that is impossible without protection!
I've checked everywhere I can, both on here and elsewhere for custom-made split rear seat covers but haven't had any joy at all.
A company called 'JC Seat Covers' were mentioned on here, but when I enquired they said 'a suitable template is not available'.
I'd be really grateful if anyone can point me in the right direction please! Many thanks in advance. . .
karena
Supreme Being

Re: Fitted rear seat covers

Post by karena » Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:43 pm

I have also been looking - didnt think it would be so difficult but its not easy to find anything. - by rear seats do you men the middle bench - split 2 thirds to one - or rear flip ups - for rear flip ups you could probably use 2 front seat covers designed for a car, - with the middle bench - 2 third split i wondered whether covers intended for a van - where you get 3 front seats, might do it. Use what would be the drivers seat for the one third section and the double passenger seat for the 2 thirds section - however theyre a bit utility looking.

I,ve concluded that as mine are a bit older and grandkids - so not a permanant fixture in my bongo - i,m going to buy front seat covers -(something a bit luxury for me) and make some - for the rear seats, that rather than fitting the entire seat, fit over the headrest base - to keep the top in place with the head rest pushed back in, and ties round to the back of the bottom of the backrest, and then goes on to cover the base of the seat and tie underneath. which is the most likely areas to get the odd spill. something like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBPNwgnXKP0

That way i get to chose the fabric rather than the generic boy racer looking ones that seem to be all there is around, and i can dictate the size - so one to fit 2/3 bit and the other to fit 1/3 bit.- I am debating whether the two third bit would be held on enough at the top with the one head rest base - but might bring that down the back of that seat - to the bottom of the backrest (which would also protect from muddy wellies of anyone sitting on the seat behind -and would then tie in when the ties from the front are brought round.) being really ambitious i might add some pockets on that back piece too - but the one third seat would still flip to reveal the plastic tray for use as a table.
I havnt got mine yet so cant measure but if you cant sew - maybe a non fray fabric - fleece perhaps,with a hole for the head rests might work or even just a towel so the sides are ready hemmed then you can just take them out when the kids are not there (also handy for wet kids and their wet dogs) ? -

Return to “Pimp My Bongo”