Made a big hole in the rear bumper

All about modifications, shiny alloys, chrome wheel nuts & mirrors, body skirts and much more!

Moderator: Ian

TheLongRoad
Bongolier

Made a big hole in the rear bumper

Post by TheLongRoad » Mon May 07, 2018 3:22 pm

Made a big hole in the rear bumper.............but it’s ok, I finally got round to doing away with the dangling rear fog light and fitted a nice new flush fitting version. 8)
2002 Friendee 2.0 ltr Petrol.
Bob
Supreme Being

Re: Made a big hole in the rear bumper

Post by Bob » Mon May 07, 2018 5:36 pm

Nice job. 8)

I think that looks better, and it's far less vulnerable.
TheLongRoad
Bongolier

Post by TheLongRoad » Mon May 07, 2018 6:41 pm

Bob wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 5:36 pm Nice job. 8)

I think that looks better, and it's far less vulnerable.
It did look cheap and nasty and was beginning to rust inside - poor seals. Was only a matter of time before it failed or I broke it off whilst reversing up to a kerb. I've got the Areo and the fog light was really low down. Any way, I've binned it. :lol:
knpenny
Bongolier

Post by knpenny » Thu May 10, 2018 8:39 pm

I got a hole in the bumper too now, after you mentioned that in another post i got round to it quite rapid, i used the dangaly one, shaved the mount down,(which had been broken twice) and got drillin.
Started with five decent size holes, then a small one handed hacksaw i cut as close as i dare to the lines i marked. Then it was a case of fileing the edges to the right size, The best part is that it fits in with a good push so i dont even need a bracket to hold it, althogh i did fashion one just for extra security. Must admit it looks very nice now where it is, and using the cheap dangaly one, if it packs in, the are only a fiver. cheap cheap!
But very glad you mentioned it longroad, =D>
Bongology, the study of all things bong. The bongologist. :shock:
TheLongRoad
Bongolier

Post by TheLongRoad » Thu May 10, 2018 8:54 pm

@knpenny no bother. For info I made a cardboard template (yes very Blue Peter :roll: ) the same size as the hole I required for the flush fog light. I then offered that up to the inside of rear of the bumper so I could be confident I would miss all the reinforcings and supports. I then drilled four pilot holes in each corner of the template from the rear. Next move template to outside of the bumper and drilled around it. Finished with craft knife. :D
knpenny
Bongolier

Post by knpenny » Sun May 20, 2018 10:14 pm

I think i prefer your method as i did a lot of tech drawing and measuring till i had it where i wanted, it took quite a while to get it perfect, think blue peter template would have been easier and less time consuming :lol: but heyho, job done and everyone seems happy all round, =D>
did you put yours in the centre or did you put it at the right?
I centralized mine as it conforms to MOT standards and its ok like that in europe too, :wink:
Bongology, the study of all things bong. The bongologist. :shock:

Return to “Pimp My Bongo”