AFT hatch mod

All about modifications, shiny alloys, chrome wheel nuts & mirrors, body skirts and much more!

Moderator: Ian

Bongolia
Supreme Being

AFT hatch mod

Post by Bongolia » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:05 pm

Here are pics of the hatch mod I did some time ago I thought may be of interest for those with kids especially.
Basically its three pieces of ply of different thicknesses and some stretch carpet. The end flap is hinged using the old lift panel hinge backs. The centre panel can be stored upright against the back or laid on top of the front section.
Really opens up the area for easy access.

https://goo.gl/photos/QAxQoUBj4RndAoR86
Gasy
Supreme Being

Re: AFT hatch mod

Post by Gasy » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:23 pm

Looks a nice neat job
Gas safe heating engineer / plumber if you need any advice just shout.
stuc
Supreme Being

Post by stuc » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:17 am

I've got 2 pieces of wood in my garage exactly like that but never got around to fitting it.
Do what you like.Like what you do.
Bongolia
Supreme Being

Post by Bongolia » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:28 am

stuc wrote:I've got 2 pieces of wood in my garage exactly like that but never got around to fitting it.
That's your weekend sorted then. :D
paulmitchelltv
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by paulmitchelltv » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:46 pm

Bongolia wrote:Here are pics of the hatch mod I did some time ago I thought may be of interest for those with kids especially.
Basically its three pieces of ply of different thicknesses and some stretch carpet. The end flap is hinged using the old lift panel hinge backs. The centre panel can be stored upright against the back or laid on top of the front section.

Hey this looks great as we are trying to do a similar mod. Few questions:

1. you attached the small panel to the rear hinges from the original platform, does it hold up itself? I noticed in one of the pictures it seems held up by a bungee cord.

2. What size of wood did you use?

3. Did you replace the cab piece as well?

REALLY NEAT!
Bongolia
Supreme Being

Post by Bongolia » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:45 pm

paulmitchelltv wrote:
Bongolia wrote:Here are pics of the hatch mod I did some time ago I thought may be of interest for those with kids especially.

1. you attached the small panel to the rear hinges from the original platform, does it hold up itself? I noticed in one of the pictures it seems held up by a bungee cord.

REALLY NEAT!
I will measure them up over the weekend and post up some more pixs showing hinges etc.
paulmitchelltv
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by paulmitchelltv » Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:00 am

Bongolia wrote:
paulmitchelltv wrote:

REALLY NEAT!
I will measure them up over the weekend and post up some more pixs showing hinges etc.
thanks! :)

Return to “Pimp My Bongo”