Replacing bongo seats for MX5 seats i

All about modifications, shiny alloys, chrome wheel nuts & mirrors, body skirts and much more!

Moderator: Ian

Bongolia
Supreme Being

Re: Replacing bongo seats for MX5 seats i

Post by Bongolia » Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:13 pm

Merlot man wrote:I must say I like the look and comfort of the mx5 seats but they don't go flat , I've just looked at the bongo seats and they go full horizontal !
Also the 5 seats are more bolstered so not as good to sleep on ......we will see ....
Our bus has a rock and roll bed so thats our sleeping sorted so I might at some time go for the mx5 items
Wasp is looking good I must say , I see your insulating the sides , do you mind me asking what your using and are you fitting it to the inside of the outer panel ? I'm thinking g of doing this myself at some stage when time allows :D
Brian
Hi Brian I thought I answered this but obviously didnt push Submit!
Using double bubble foil two layers directly onto the inside of the outer panel. Easier if you put the foil over the outside of the van panel when marking it out to cut,just draw around the panel with a permanent marker then trim up when fitting to the inside.Then I will cover the decorative trim panel rear with a single layer of double bubble. Use a high temp spray adhesive else it will detach when the panel gets hot.
Good luck :)
Merlot man
Bongolier

Re: Replacing bongo seats for MX5 seats i

Post by Merlot man » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:38 pm

Thanks for the insulation advice bongolia ,
I've looked at it at the weekend and there seems to be some insulation behind the cupboards so that should help but I'll probably increase this at some point .
We are planning to bring the bus to France in the next couple of weeks for a few days and do a bit of Spring camping so this well help decide whether it needs more insulation or not :lol:
Thanks again
Brian

Return to “Pimp My Bongo”