Bongo mod register..

All about modifications, shiny alloys, chrome wheel nuts & mirrors, body skirts and much more!

Moderator: Ian

ToolkiT
Bongonaut

Re: Bongo mod register..

Post by ToolkiT » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:32 am

ParkerNorris wrote: I like this, and would like to do the same. Could you possibly explain the connections, or even a wiring diagram?

Thanks
I've gone for the below:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171072933768? ... 1439.l2649
It does not show the amperage, but it does have 2 thermometers and a clock, which was something I was after too...
Mark Elvin
Tribal Elder

Post by Mark Elvin » Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:42 pm

bongojoe wrote:We bought our Bongo back in March and I discovered soon after to my great surprise that tinkering with it in between trips and making it your own is (almost) as much fun as going away for a trip. I've already added rear parking sensors, upgraded the speakers, added a DAB radio and aerial, fitted a Willinton kit to run stereo and blinds off the leisure battery.

Lots more planned, but my favourite upgrade so far is this:

Meter purchased off eBay with a shunt for under fifteen quid, tells me the charge in the leisure battery and current being drawn. Flick of a switch (just visible at the top of the pic) and it I can see the charge being sent back into the battery by my (also just added) 100w solar panel or engine while running.

Doesn't take much to make me happy!
Where did you take your connections?
6444ljm
Junior Bongonaut

Post by 6444ljm » Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:48 pm

Hi all,

I am currently under the weather with a disc problem in my back and the only thing that's cheering me up is thinking about what modifications to plan for my Bongo so I was hoping you could help me out by listing the best things you have done/would like to do to yours, either aesthetically or functionally so I can use my time drawing up the ultimate wish list!

I see a lot of great stuff on this thread but most of the photos and links don't work :?

Also - custom paint job, or regular paint job with custom decals? Discuss...

Thanks a million.
philpdr
Tribal Elder

Post by philpdr » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:06 pm

6444ljm wrote:Hi all,

I am currently under the weather with a disc problem in my back and the only thing that's cheering me up is thinking about what modifications to plan for my Bongo so I was hoping you could help me out by listing the best things you have done/would like to do to yours, either aesthetically or functionally so I can use my time drawing up the ultimate wish list!

I see a lot of great stuff on this thread but most of the photos and links don't work :?

Also - custom paint job, or regular paint job with custom decals? Discuss...

Thanks a million.
If you're going to do plenty of camping one of the first things I'd do is fit a leisure battery and split charge kit but a real must have is a low coolant alarm.Extra reversing light in the rear bumper is good as well.
6444ljm
Junior Bongonaut

Post by 6444ljm » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:48 pm

Thanks, I have a leisure battery, heard mixed things about the low coolant alarms, I check it visually on a regular basis and just had new rad and pipes fitted...
Flanners
Bongolier

Post by Flanners » Tue May 01, 2018 4:28 pm

I have on my 2002 42K mile Aero so far:

Coolant Alarm
Split Charge relay with 100ah leisure battery
USB and plug sockets
EHU underbody at rear
Outback Northstar conversion
Flattened swivel seat (bed)
100w Solar panel