Headlights

All about modifications, shiny alloys, chrome wheel nuts & mirrors, body skirts and much more!

Moderator: Ian

Tony x
Tribal Elder

Headlights

Post by Tony x » Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:36 pm

Here's a few photos of some headlights mod...

The headlights can work in three ways when you switch to main beam.

The below switch lights up green when you turn the lights on.

Switch it up, it adds a blue LED and the fog lights and daytime running lights come on with the main beam

The left hand one of these three switches has two functions, it turns the day time running lights on and off when the lights are not on and, when they are on, turns the spot lights on and off.

And here's a view with the lights on main beam, Dipped beam has just the normal lights on, no fog lights, spot lights or DRLs

Legality.
Whilst the above set up is great for those dark country lanes, having the DRLs on at night (unless on low power) is a no no. Likewise, fog lights without fog is not allowed. The spot lights are fine so long as you fit 55W bulbs and not the Osram Rallye 65W off road bulbs for example. To this end, a little switch hides behind the fusebox cover that disables all the off road only functions.

I must add a note of praise for the spotlights which I researched before buying and are great but difficult to mount on the new shape Bongo - you have to use plastic spacers that have to slope in two directions.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hella-1FA-008-2 ... B00911HOP8
Tony x
Tribal Elder

Re: Headlights

Post by Tony x » Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:14 pm

Sorry admin people,
Only one of my photos resized properly

Return to “Pimp My Bongo”