Auto closing rear electric blinds

All about modifications, shiny alloys, chrome wheel nuts & mirrors, body skirts and much more!

Moderator: Ian

nth
Bongolier

Auto closing rear electric blinds

Post by nth » Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:57 am

Was always a bit of a pain remembering to close all the blinds when you lock up so no one can see inside so had the idea of using a window closer module liked to my alarm to do it for me automatically every time you lock the car 8) . I also have electric blinds on the rear screen (must have been an original dealer fit option) but it works slightly differently on earth pulses rather than supplying power so still need to get that working off the remote, should be possible using a relay but need more time to play about with it.
If I get another closer module it should be also possible to reverse it to open the blinds up again when you unlock. But again that's a job for another day, just happy it closes.
https://youtu.be/gpTKIdpCZFs
95 2.5d 4WD AFT
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Re: Auto closing rear electric blinds

Post by mikeonb4c » Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:26 pm

nth wrote:Was always a bit of a pain remembering to close all the blinds when you lock up so no one can see inside so had the idea of using a window closer module liked to my alarm to do it for me automatically every time you lock the car 8) . I also have electric blinds on the rear screen (must have been an original dealer fit option) but it works slightly differently on earth pulses rather than supplying power so still need to get that working off the remote, should be possible using a relay but need more time to play about with it.
If I get another closer module it should be also possible to reverse it to open the blinds up again when you unlock. But again that's a job for another day, just happy it closes.
https://youtu.be/gpTKIdpCZFs
Never heard of a rear screen electric blind before and would love to see pics. The YouTube link seems to say it's private :-(

I find it very easy / natural to close blinds when leaving the car and when I choose to. My concern over extra electrical gadgets is that they're great fun on day 1, lose their novelty over time, and ultimately can become trouble if/when the module malfunctions. There's a lot to be said for sticking with human power, though I recognise that people enjoy customising their Bongos.
nth
Bongolier

Post by nth » Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:58 pm

Sorry never published the video, should be working now.
I've also put up a vid of the rear screen binds in action, the switch is shown at the start of the vid
https://youtu.be/fDrKRXWVsFk

I know what you are saying about gadgets but if it all messes up it can be easily disconnected & they car all including the rear be opened & closed manually. This mod for me is more about security than the novelty/fun factor, that's just a bonus 8)
95 2.5d 4WD AFT
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:37 pm

nth wrote:Sorry never published the video, should be working now.
I've also put up a vid of the rear screen binds in action, the switch is shown at the start of the vid
https://youtu.be/fDrKRXWVsFk

I know what you are saying about gadgets but if it all messes up it can be easily disconnected & they car all including the rear be opened & closed manually. This mod for me is more about security than the novelty/fun factor, that's just a bonus 8)
Just took a look - wow that is so cool =D>

Yea, I'm guilty of a bit of gadgetry myself and overall, the gadgets I've installed have been very useful. I certainly close my blinds a lot, as much to keep the electrics exercised as for reasons of security and keeping interior cool, though I often close them for both those reasons. They're actually one of the most useful and unique things about a Bongo. :-)
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:27 pm

That is really neat. =D>

Return to “Pimp My Bongo”