Alloy wheel refurbishing (West Yorkshire)

All about modifications, shiny alloys, chrome wheel nuts & mirrors, body skirts and much more!

Moderator: Ian

Jabba's Wheels
Bongonaut

Alloy wheel refurbishing (West Yorkshire)

Post by Jabba's Wheels » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:58 pm

Last year I bought an original set of Bongo alloys from Michael Snr at Wheelquick in Wigan. The wheels were a great price but needed some TLC and were suffering from corrosion. My attempts to smarten them up were ok for a while but far from ideal. Kloonsy from the Bongo Bodyshop had heard about some good work being done at CAS Coatings in Bradford http://www.cascoatings.com/ As Bradford is local to me - I thought I'd try them out.

The good news is that prices start at £1 per inch - so the cheapest 15inch wheel finish is £15. Prices go up depending on finishes/colours etc.

There isn't any bad news - apart from CAS needs loose rims. So no valves, tyres or weights. Then obviously the rubber needs to be put back on, balanced etc.

I chose the cheapest finish and I'm very pleased with the result. :D Other refurbishers were quoting around £100 per wheel. :shock: Tried to take some photos which didn't do them justice. The "flake" makes it look like the finish is pitted. :( The finish seems durable and didn't mark when the tyres were fitted

BongoJonny
Bongonaut

Re: Alloy wheel refurbishing (West Yorkshire)

Post by BongoJonny » Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:24 pm

Jabba's Wheels wrote:Last year I bought an original set of Bongo alloys from Michael Snr at Wheelquick in Wigan. The wheels were a great price but needed some TLC and were suffering from corrosion. My attempts to smarten them up were ok for a while but far from ideal. Kloonsy from the Bongo Bodyshop had heard about some good work being done at CAS Coatings in Bradford http://www.cascoatings.com/ As Bradford is local to me - I thought I'd try them out.

The good news is that prices start at £1 per inch - so the cheapest 15inch wheel finish is £15. Prices go up depending on finishes/colours etc.

There isn't any bad news - apart from CAS needs loose rims. So no valves, tyres or weights. Then obviously the rubber needs to be put back on, balanced etc.

I chose the cheapest finish and I'm very pleased with the result. :D Other refurbishers were quoting around £100 per wheel. :shock: Tried to take some photos which didn't do them justice. The "flake" makes it look like the finish is pitted. :( The finish seems durable and didn't mark when the tyres were fitted

They look good I've been put off powdercoating had two sets of wheels where it just chipped and looked rubbish after a bit but maybe they weren't done right they look great be interested to see how they hold up.

Return to “Pimp My Bongo”