glory hole cover help

All about modifications, shiny alloys, chrome wheel nuts & mirrors, body skirts and much more!

Moderator: Ian

tanglefoot
Bongolier

glory hole cover help

Post by tanglefoot » Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:35 pm

Hi all. I have been looking for a way to hold a cover flush to the outer of the recess without drilling holes if poss. I have searched the forum without success. I intend to mount a couple of rocker switches, an all in one ciggy lighter type power outlet with USB sockets, and my DAB radio gadget which also needs a spare ciggy type socket. There are some cracking ideas described, but nothing on how people mount the cover? I did think of magnetic tape, would that work? Any ideas would be gratefully received. Thank you.

Just a thought for CB enthusiasts. I have a French CRT ONE AM-FM radio, I wonder if that would fit in there?
Gasy
Supreme Being

Re: glory hole cover help

Post by Gasy » Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:18 pm

Glory hole :shock:
What's that then

Stick the face plate on with silicone sealant
And put a cable / string from the rear of your face plate through the rear of your glory hole and pull tight and tie off
We fix gas fires like this and no fixings can be seen
Gas safe heating engineer / plumber if you need any advice just shout.
dvisor
Supreme Being

Re: glory hole cover help

Post by dvisor » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:48 pm

This method works well:

http://www.igmaynard.co.uk/bongo/forum/ ... 44&t=40541 - Go to the post dated Mon May 24, 2010 12:11 pm for more pictures and details. It's a piece of 6mm MDF cut from a template and covered in rubber mat stuck to the back of the faceplate. I've had this in situ now for several years and is a perfect fit. It's easy to lift out, but stays firmly in place otherwise. Somebody may still have the template knocking around somewhere, otherwise, I'll see if I can find it.
Two tonne tin drum

Return to “Pimp My Bongo”