Ideas Please - Decals for Silver/Grey Bongo

All about modifications, shiny alloys, chrome wheel nuts & mirrors, body skirts and much more!

Moderator: Ian

Alison01326
Supreme Being

Ideas Please - Decals for Silver/Grey Bongo

Post by Alison01326 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:34 pm

I am having my Bongo resprayed, on account of the extensive rust repair job which it is currently undergoing. My existing decals cannot be replicated by anyone, and an original set from Mazda will cost me just shy of £800.

I am one of the small number of people in this world who cannot picture anything and whilst my husband is full of very helpful ideas, I need to see what my Bongo would look like if ............!!

I'd be extremely grateful if any of you whose Bongo has a silver top half and grey bottom half (that's paint code 19N, otherwise known as 18G + 4Z Highlight Silver over Silent Silver) would post photos of their Bongo with, or without decals so that I can see what the alternatives look like.

Just one side of the Bongo will do, and only Bongos the same colour as mine. It really doesn't matter what you've got on there whether it's nothing, or a single pinstripe, or a full blown mega-decal. I am unable to picture my own Bongo looking any different from the way it does at the moment so all contributions gratefully accepted.

Many thanks in advance.
Alison

The traveller sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see. (G K Chesterton)
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Re: Ideas Please - Decals for Silver/Grey Bongo

Post by g8dhe » Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:53 pm

No decals;

Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions
Alison01326
Supreme Being

Post by Alison01326 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:05 pm

Perfect, Geoff. A completely naked Bongo (well, Freda). Thank you very much.
Alison

The traveller sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see. (G K Chesterton)
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:06 pm

On the other hand, a splash of colour helps personalise your Bongo and make it more fun. Given there is a well defined band for playing around in (i.e. the same area the sticker used to be one), it would be possible to do something tasteful and very cheap, after the silver paint has been applied and before the two pack lacquer is applied. As an example, I finished one of my model glider designs off by taking used teletype ticker tape (it had lots of punched holes in it) and placing that over the area to be decorated. Working over the white base colour of the aeroplane, I then took a spray can of metallic red car cellulose and sprayed from the front of the masked area to the back, starting by spraying so it produced solid colour and then making the spray more faint as I worked back along the fuselage. When the ticker tape was removed, I was left with an arrow shaped flash of small red dots not regularly distributed and running from the nose of the aircraft to the back but fading out to nothing before the back ever got reached. It looked great, and the coded data was actually cement industry confidential data (ssshhhh!) which made me smile. But you could use anything to spray through in order to get that effect. Most car sprayers would enjoy doing that just for fun and I doubt they'd add anything much to the cost of the job (especially if you advertise them afterwards) as it would be quick to do in labour and materials. And once its lacquered in it will be fully protected and it will have 'depth'. And it would give you a Bongo that did not look garish, but did look discreetly personalised, so you know that this is 'your' Bongo. What is more, you could even practice on pieces of wallpaper to see what looks best, before committing a design to the Bongo.

Just a thought 8)
Northern Bongolow
Supreme Being

Post by Northern Bongolow » Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:41 pm

if your struggling alison find any good car graphics company, they will photo the other side then reverse it to suit the side you need.
silvern
Bongonaut

Post by silvern » Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:30 pm

Mine is naked too...
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:09 am

Hi
What about a bit of moulding?

Cheers
Helen
In the beginning there was nothing , then God said "Let there be Light".....There was still nothing , but ,by crikey, you could see it better.
Doone
Supreme Being

Post by Doone » Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:50 am

A new set of custom graphics that imply something about your lifestyle and your Bongo! And created in your favourite colours. :D
Allan's closed. in Plymouth we recommend PGS (Plymouth Garage Services) or Mayflower Auto Services

Return to “Pimp My Bongo”