Project - Retrim and new paint

All about modifications, shiny alloys, chrome wheel nuts & mirrors, body skirts and much more!

Moderator: Ian

Puma931
Bongolier

Re: Project - Retrim and new paint

Post by Puma931 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:18 pm

Last trip out this year.
digitalgypsy
Bongolier

Post by digitalgypsy » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:59 pm

Hey. Just wondering if anyone else took to using Rustoleum on their Bongo? :)
ianbrown86
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by ianbrown86 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:41 pm

Puma931 wrote:No #-o
Mark Elvin wrote:
Puma931 wrote:
Yes, I ordered 8m and fitted it, but got stuck at the back as it was too tight to fit and not enough space to hit with a mallet, so I did not bother with the final part above the tailgate.

http://www.woolies-trim.co.uk/p-1606-fl ... -seal.aspx
Did you try loosening off the AFT nuts that hold the brackets to the roof, allows you to lift the rear edge slightly.

Which way did your fit the seal please Mark? With the flap pointing inwards or outwards? How did the Woolies seal perform? Have you had any subsequent problems? Thanks..
mitreklov
Junior Bongonaut

Post by mitreklov » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:52 pm

I'm just about to paint my Greece Green Bongo AFT with Rustoleum and a roller, just waiting for a rain free day this week. I'll post some pictures for reference once it is done.

I have sourced a new seal which arrived the other day, when I removed the old one I noted that fitting the new one will be a real pain at the back as there is limited space.
Does anyone have any advice regarding lifting the roof at the rear to gain a little more access? I seem to remember reading a post where someone had removed the fixings at the rear of the roof and had a real tuff job trying to get the bolts back in.

The seal came from here http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mazda-Bongo-R ... SwYmZXNbny

Return to “Pimp My Bongo”