CUSTOM CAR MATS

All about modifications, shiny alloys, chrome wheel nuts & mirrors, body skirts and much more!

Moderator: Ian

ELZE
Supreme Being

CUSTOM CAR MATS

Post by ELZE » Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:17 am

Has anyone heard of these? My mate ordered a set last week for his Vivaro and they are brill, so I just ordered mine tonight. They are Black with grey stripe piping and come with a monogram of choice

http://www.simplycarmats.co.uk/mazda-bo ... 7-2902.htm

I will report back if they are any good.
A Bongo is for life, not just for Christmas
Bob
Supreme Being

Re: CUSTOM CAR MATS

Post by Bob » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:42 am

Looks a good price for a full set. :)
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:07 am

Minor point but where's the thin strip that goes by the sliding door? But price looks good. Would be interested in feedback on quality/durability.
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:11 pm

Hi
Regarding the piece by the door, I haven't seen any car mat company make them with that....HOWEVER...
I had a full set of rubber mats made in the super heavy duty rubber matting, which they apparently use for tractors...SUPERB...but as I say, they didn't look right without the door "bit", so I took a pattern from the original Mazda overmats, and had the company make one to order, with the quick-release screw fittings.....Whether they kept the pattern, I can't say, but as a one-off I daren't say how much, as they had to set up their machines....
I MAY still have their address should anyone want to ask them
Cheers
Helen
In the beginning there was nothing , then God said "Let there be Light".....There was still nothing , but ,by crikey, you could see it better.
ELZE
Supreme Being

Post by ELZE » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:33 pm

I will get back to you all with some feedback, good bad of ugly! The reason Lke the idea was that there were the choices on quality, edging, colour and monogram?

I found another supplier of quality carpet for cars and vans on the net at £50 for a 2x5m roll which was cheap but no edging and a lot of work to fit and a dogs breakfast if you cock it up!
wonkanoby
Supreme Being

Post by wonkanoby » Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:00 am

dont understand how front 2 mats are 42 quid in rubber

yet full sets only 65 quid as rear are far larger
cavey
Bongolier

Post by cavey » Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:35 pm

helen&tony wrote:Hi
Regarding the piece by the door, I haven't seen any car mat company make them with that....
Helen
This lot do. Can't comment on quality, as I don't have them, but just happened to see on eBay. There's a version for both rear seat types.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Mats-in-A ... 2eb104c68d

Cheers,

Dave.
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:40 am

Hi Dave
That's excellent news for bongo owners...I think I saw a company offering them a year or so ago, but couldn't remember who, as I'd purchased mine a few years back...The company who did mine were darned good, as the first set I had delivered had a split in one of the rear mats, and they sent a new one no hassle!....and, boy, are the ultra heavy duty ones worth the extra over the standard rubber....they weigh a ton!!!!....and most of the suppliers do the thicker rubber as an option.
Cheers
Helen
In the beginning there was nothing , then God said "Let there be Light".....There was still nothing , but ,by crikey, you could see it better.
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being

Post by mikeonb4c » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:43 am

cavey wrote:
helen&tony wrote:Hi
Regarding the piece by the door, I haven't seen any car mat company make them with that....
Helen
This lot do. Can't comment on quality, as I don't have them, but just happened to see on eBay. There's a version for both rear seat types.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Mats-in-A ... 2eb104c68d

Cheers,

Dave.
A useful find. Being picky, I wonder if the thin piece has popper studs to hold it in place. Nice touch if it did :-)
Davidl
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by Davidl » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:32 am

I have a set of these in mine, the split rear seat version and the holes line up well - they are a good quality hard wearing carpet - and the small side strip does have the press studs on to hold it in place by the sliding door.
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being

Post by mikeonb4c » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:38 pm

Davidl wrote:I have a set of these in mine, the split rear seat version and the holes line up well - they are a good quality hard wearing carpet - and the small side strip does have the press studs on to hold it in place by the sliding door.
Very useful feedback =D>
ELZE
Supreme Being

Post by ELZE » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:36 pm

Still waiting for delivery on mine but my mate got his and they are fab!
cmm303
Supreme Being

Post by cmm303 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:21 am

Elze, I would be interested in how the standard (= weight) of mat you've chosen compares with Mazda originals as the spec numbers on paper don't mean much to me. Thanks
Chris with BertieB
'96 White unconverted AFT 2.5L Diesel 4WD
thedogsbollox
Tribal Elder

Post by thedogsbollox » Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:51 am

Just looked at those and see they are for the split rear seat models. Didn't see an option for rear bench seat. I don't profess to know what i'm talking about most of the time but don't the models with rear bench seats have runners that run all the way to the back. in which case anyone ordering these will be disappointed. I may be wrong though.
ELZE
Supreme Being

Post by ELZE » Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:25 pm

thedogsbollox wrote:Just looked at those and see they are for the split rear seat models. Didn't see an option for rear bench seat. I don't profess to know what i'm talking about most of the time but don't the models with rear bench seats have runners that run all the way to the back. in which case anyone ordering these will be disappointed. I may be wrong though.

Well if they are no good they will just go back! Nothing ventured and all that...

Return to “Pimp My Bongo”