what am i getting for xmas

All about modifications, shiny alloys, chrome wheel nuts & mirrors, body skirts and much more!

Moderator: Ian

cabte
Supreme Being

what am i getting for xmas

Post by cabte » Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:00 pm

We will be adding doming to some decals for sale
Like this
http://www.roverparts.com/product/img/i ... _LARGE.jpg
small stuff only.
And this i think will be a big hit,
Starting off with small stuff first then onto bigger stuff orders only
http://youtu.be/ADq96RGRf00
mikeWalsall
Supreme Being

Re: what am i getting foe xmas

Post by mikeWalsall » Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:01 pm

I saw the Hydrographics dipping process when watching wheeler dealers .. they where 'modernising' the interior of a range Rover .. very impressive ..

Thing is though there are a lot of DIY kits available now which the are popular with the Bikers .. car blingers .. even guns and guitars ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... 8wHglTJl6A

Even DIY chroming ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAgT1huicqI
JAL Mushroom roof,12/240v, fridge, cooker, sink, LPG V6 .. (written off @ £5500 Nov 2016)
cabte
Supreme Being

Post by cabte » Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:18 pm

cheers mike :(
mikeWalsall
Supreme Being

Post by mikeWalsall » Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:25 pm

I didn't mean to put 'downer' on your enterprise .. I would say it may be well worth while ..

A few years back an advertiser on the TEOC thought it was worth while to advertise custom parts ... and there company was in Singapore ..!!

There is a guy on a Scooter Forum I go on who apparently does quite a few small parts like speedo panels .. they look ace ..
JAL Mushroom roof,12/240v, fridge, cooker, sink, LPG V6 .. (written off @ £5500 Nov 2016)
cabte
Supreme Being

Re: what am i getting for xmas

Post by cabte » Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:38 pm

Thing with the kits you have to do it right first time or you are in deep muck, and could end up costing more than having it done
correctly. the kits only give you enough to do small items but if you wanted to do alloys your going to need a bigger kit and this would cost well over the rrp for someone els to do it that has an established dipping kit.
its like everything els EG Vinyl Plotters you can pick them up for less that £200 now but do they perform as well as a leading brands and the set up everytime to need to plot is a lot more time consuming.
Iv been looking into this for a while and and just booked onto a course to train how to do it iv had loads of interest that iv spoken to
and could be a good thing. fingers crossed
mikeWalsall
Supreme Being

Post by mikeWalsall » Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:51 pm

This was the guy on Wheeler Dealers .. his set up / premises where quite 'basic' not exactly a white coat laboratory business ..

http://www.wickedcoatings.co.uk/carbon-dipping-gallery

But the finish was superb .. which I assume .. as with the durability .. is down to the quality / type of lacquer that is used for the final finish / protection .. ie: an inlet manifold .. (or road wheels) are in a more hostile environment than interior trim..!!..
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:14 pm

Hi Carl
Sounds Extremely nice!!!!!....what size maximum can you do? I fancy having my centre console / armrest done in grey skulls to match my new interior!....(when I've fitted the rest)....
Cheers
Helen
In the beginning there was nothing , then God said "Let there be Light".....There was still nothing , but ,by crikey, you could see it better.
cabte
Supreme Being

Post by cabte » Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:57 pm

well to begin with i would be doing stuff like centre consoles and armrest plus alloys
Then if it works and i get enough interest id like to be able to bonnets.
cabte
Supreme Being

Post by cabte » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:13 pm

Arr yes whickedcoatings. they use budget material.

Have a look at this stuff which is a ready avalable in the UK the quality is far better
http://hgarts.com/en/hydrographic-film/skulls-films?p=1
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:26 pm

Hi Carl...
I'd like to have the long console done, and I'll see what else...My bonnet is metalflake holographic red-blue as is the rest, and below it's gunmetal and chrome mix of metalflake over Silent Silver...The centre recess along the side is gold marble over the metalflake , topped with Candy Apple Red laquer, and cleared....errr...so I won't be having the bonnet dipped!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Not too sure how time and health will go next year, but if I can, I might take a mould of the top of the... dash, so I could ship a dash top for you to dip????? now, THAT would be nice in grey skulls!!!!!
Cheers
Helen
In the beginning there was nothing , then God said "Let there be Light".....There was still nothing , but ,by crikey, you could see it better.
cabte
Supreme Being

Post by cabte » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:43 pm

Well my kit arrived this morning. Not sure to put it as the tank is quite big think i might have to have a clearout in the garage.
now all i need is a small compressor and a spray gun. and im in business.

will be doing some test samples soon so will put up some images for you all to have a look.

Return to “Pimp My Bongo”