A wee bit of a pimp

All about modifications, shiny alloys, chrome wheel nuts & mirrors, body skirts and much more!

Moderator: Ian

helen&tony
Supreme Being

A wee bit of a pimp

Post by helen&tony » Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:27 pm

Hi
Been busy trying for a bit more of a Yankee van look:

just a wee bit of chrome :^o
It's very dirty and wet, and needs a claying and polishing...but that comes soon!
Cheers
Helen
In the beginning there was nothing , then God said "Let there be Light".....There was still nothing , but ,by crikey, you could see it better.
mikeWalsall
Supreme Being

Re: A wee bit of a pimp

Post by mikeWalsall » Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:15 pm

I've had my Bongo nearly a year now .. so due for it's first wash ..

I usually get the jet washer out ... but I noticed the local 'Bosnian' car wash guys are dong a 99p special .. so maybe a treat for Christmas .....??

Some time back my daughter was so dismayed with the state of my Emina, she booked me a mobile valet service as a birthday pressie ..

JAL Mushroom roof,12/240v, fridge, cooker, sink, LPG V6 .. (written off @ £5500 Nov 2016)
munroman
Tribal Elder

Post by munroman » Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:19 pm

mikeWalsall wrote:I've had my Bongo nearly a year now .. so due for it's first wash ..

I usually get the jet washer out ... but I noticed the local 'Bosnian' car wash guys are dong a 99p special .. so maybe a treat for Christmas .....??

Some time back my daughter was so dismayed with the state of my Emina, she booked me a mobile valet service as a birthday pressie ..

Ye gods, what was it like before the valet? :shock: :lol:
When asked about Western Civilisation, Ghandi said 'that would be a good idea'...
RobEvans
Bongolier

Post by RobEvans » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:31 pm

Hi like your bongo very nice, your front grille what year van are is it from cheers rob
dandemann8
Supreme Being

Post by dandemann8 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:24 pm

Loving the red over silver :D :D :D
Bongo no more........... ;-(
David Edwards
Supreme Being

Post by David Edwards » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:48 pm

looks to me like the mobile disco was a big hit,lol
Simon Jones
Supreme Being

Post by Simon Jones » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:53 pm

Looks very nice Helen. You got the side rails on ok then :wink:
Northern Bongolow
Supreme Being

Post by Northern Bongolow » Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:00 am

nobody has mentioned the headlight mod :wink: =D> =D>
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:42 am

Hi
Dandemann...The silver is , in fact, a mix of Chrome metalflake, and gunmetal metalflake over silent silver, but metalflake only really shows up when the sun hits it right...it's more visible on the bumpers.
Rob...The rear is grey carbon fibre look from 3M. Rear fogs recessed from behind the bumper, and rear guards fitted to match the ones on the rear lights. The grille at the front is home -brewed from the original Mazda, and highly cut about, (and a lot added) to clear the Opel quad headlights. (Well spotted, Ady)
Simon...yes, the rails went on perfectly...very easy!...Currently on the summer tyres / alloys...the winter ones go on next week, and are polished alloy and gunmetal colour
Inside is not finished....wooden dash fitted and wood-rim steering wheel on quick-release boss, but I've had to source another horn button, yet to arrive. Also, more gauges to replace the existing ones...this time they are a new type, and highly tech...apparently....Also, I've got thick tractor-style mats to replace the Mazda original, and the last piece is on it's way..custom made. Also, I have forward cam for overtaking, and rear cam to fit yet...plus a second TV screen yet to fit for the cameras.
Suspension is almost entirely replaced, as with the steering, and there are some engine mods coming, so far only the stainless exhaust fitted....also airbags in the springs...might add an on-board compressor for them and to use for some American diesel train horns, as the existing triple compressor jobbies are losing my interest :lol: :lol: :lol: The KC lamps are a bit illegal...high- wattage, hence covered, as are the chrome blue LED washer jets :roll: :roll:
The simple truth of it all is what to do with a '95 Bongo?...sell it and get a later car?????...no...apart from the fact I like it, the Bulgos will only want to pay half what it's worth from a foreigner...but sell at twice what it's worth for a foreigner (unless you know someone)...Cars are very dear here (4x4s are twice what you'd pay in the UK, and that's for a National)....so it's down to importing...I've looked at getting a car from Japan...plus getting one from the UK...Well...economically, it actually makes sense to spend mercilessly on the Bongo in the hope that it gives quite a few more years service!...There's a whole lot more spent than what's listed, but it would make a saga! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Anyway, watch out here for some more on the inside and the engine!
David...Like the "Disco Bus"...takes me back to the days when I could do some jiving...and I like 70's cars...American jobbies
Cheers
Helen
In the beginning there was nothing , then God said "Let there be Light".....There was still nothing , but ,by crikey, you could see it better.

Return to “Pimp My Bongo”