Any idea of what these wheels might be worth?

All about modifications, shiny alloys, chrome wheel nuts & mirrors, body skirts and much more!

Moderator: Ian

Aunt Trumpet

Any idea of what these wheels might be worth?

Post by Aunt Trumpet » Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:22 pm

Hi,

These wheels were originally on my Bongo when I bought it and I loved them but I took them off so I could refurb them properly. Unfortunately, time and other committments got the better of me and to cut a long story short the Bongo has now given way to a T5....I know, don't flame me, still love Bongo's but needed more space and reliability.

So, I still have these 17" wheels knocking around in the garage so will need to stick them on ebay soon. They need and deserve a refurb to be honset but I've no idea as what to put them on for, any ideas?

Cheers for any help,...... 8)
francophile1947
Supreme Being

Re: Any idea of what these wheels might be worth?

Post by francophile1947 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:23 pm

Anybody's guess - they're worth what people will pay for them.
I personally don't like them, so wouldn't pay much, but they might be just what somebody else has been looking for, so they'll be prepared to pay a lot more.
Best just have a look on Ebay to see what alloys are going for.
John
(Evidence that intelligent life exists in the universe, is that it hasn't tried to contact us)
Aunt Trumpet

Post by Aunt Trumpet » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:50 pm

Somebody liked them...SOLD, £160. 8)
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:40 am

Aunt Trumpet wrote:Somebody liked them...SOLD, £160. 8)
Excellent. If your T5 goes on to give the faultless service at low purchase price that my Bongo has done for 6 years, then you'll have made a wise purchase. Just leaves those narrow lanes to negotiate, and getting back to using clutch and left hand? ha ha. But seriously, good luck with the new motor.
Aunt Trumpet

Post by Aunt Trumpet » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:24 am

mikeonb4c wrote:
Excellent. If your T5 goes on to give the faultless service at low purchase price that my Bongo has done for 6 years, then you'll have made a wise purchase. Just leaves those narrow lanes to negotiate, and getting back to using clutch and left hand? ha ha. But seriously, good luck with the new motor.
That's where you've hit the nail on the head you see. I had the Bongo for 3 years and I was constantly maintaining it. Mainly due to the cylinder head cracking and overheating it just didn't seem reliable anymore. I needed something that I didn't have to worry about as much and would last a long journey. It also needed the arches doing as the rust was a big problem. That said, I miss the AFT, electric blinds and the auto-box. It's a great vehicle if you can pick a good one, my mate has had his for 6 years too and it's been great...and he treats it like a transit! If I find a cheap enough one I might go back one day. I'm an expert on the bloody things now!.... 8)
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:50 am

Aunt Trumpet wrote:
mikeonb4c wrote:
That's where you've hit the nail on the head you see. I had the Bongo for 3 years and I was constantly maintaining it. Mainly due to the cylinder head cracking and overheating it just didn't seem reliable anymore. I needed something that I didn't have to worry about as much and would last a long journey. It also needed the arches doing as the rust was a big problem. That said, I miss the AFT, electric blinds and the auto-box. It's a great vehicle if you can pick a good one, my mate has had his for 6 years too and it's been great...and he treats it like a transit! If I find a cheap enough one I might go back one day. I'm an expert on the bloody things now!.... 8)
Quite understand. It's a bummer if you are unlucky with a Bongo, cos a good one is a great car. Don't know what I'll do when my Bongo leaves for heaven :-( enjoy the t5
Bongoplod
Supreme Being

Post by Bongoplod » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:37 am

Aunt Trumpet wrote:Image

Hi,

These wheels were originally on my Bongo when I bought it and I loved them but I took them off so I could refurb them properly. Unfortunately, time and other committments got the better of me and to cut a long story short the Bongo has now given way to a T5....I know, don't flame me, still love Bongo's but needed more space and reliability.

So, I still have these 17" wheels knocking around in the garage so will need to stick them on ebay soon. They need and deserve a refurb to be honset but I've no idea as what to put them on for, any ideas?

Wow,you must`ve bought a bummer,Ive owned 2 Bongos,1st one cost me 2 wiper blades and a back box in 3 yrs,2nd cost me a heater switch and alternator in 18 months and my last has cost me nowt in 2 yrs (touch wood) :wink:

Brian
Confucious once said " To be fluent in Bongolese is to hold the key to the world!"
Aunt Trumpet

Post by Aunt Trumpet » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:03 pm

Bongoplod wrote:

Hi,

Wow,you must`ve bought a bummer,Ive owned 2 Bongos,1st one cost me 2 wiper blades and a back box in 3 yrs,2nd cost me a heater switch and alternator in 18 months and my last has cost me nowt in 2 yrs (touch wood) :wink:

Brian
You're one of the lucky ones then Brian. I did buy mine quite cheaply and as I'm quite handy with the spanners and have a mechanic mate I fixed it for a lot less than normal, but I do feel for the people on here that spend thousands on thier new pride and joy hoping for many weekends away camping and the head blows leaving them dispondant, fed up and pennyless.

Dont get me wrong, it happens to T5's aswell but I ended up looking more at the temperature guage than I did the road!... 8)
technophobe
Tribal Elder

Post by technophobe » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:01 pm

Aunt Trumpet wrote:
Bongoplod wrote:

Hi,

Brian
You're one of the lucky ones then Brian. I did buy mine quite cheaply and as I'm quite handy with the spanners and have a mechanic mate I fixed it for a lot less than normal, but I do feel for the people on here that spend thousands on thier new pride and joy hoping for many weekends away camping and the head blows leaving them dispondant, fed up and pennyless.

Dont get me wrong, it happens to T5's aswell but I ended up looking more at the temperature guage than I did the road!... 8)
There are other 'lucky' ones. Did a self import 8 years ago. Since then only servicing rust proofing, no major problems. The boss is a little hesitant now, but the thought of going to a car :shock: almost gives me sleepless nights.
Richard & Jo

1995 SGL5 Black over silver clear windows

Return to “Pimp My Bongo”